The Student Room Group

Official Cambridge Applicants Thread 2015 Entry - MK II

Poll

Your UMS Average? (Most relevant)

Hi guys, second mark here! Next time it'll be an offer holders thread :eek:

Best of luck with all your applications to Cambridge and elsewhere.

Enter your details on university connect!. It'll be an easier way to stalk others and make friends.

Stalking Page Google Document

Safer stalking page is here, and the results are here, with some automatically generated pie charts here.

And also there's the stalking thread page if you prefer that... Which is below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50582413

And so it begins

EDITED 4/10: So far, we have 364 potential applicants on this thread: 3 for Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic; 9 for Architecture, 15 Chemical Engineering applicants, 1 for Classics, 11 for Computer Science, 27 for Economics, 2 for Education, 1 for Education with Biology, 1 for Education with MML, 16 for Engineering, 25 for English, 6 for Geography, 13 for History, 2 for History of Art, 14 for HSPS, 2 for Land Economy, 16 for Law, 3 for Linguistics, 34 for Maths (a couple of those considering PhysNatSci too), 6 for Maths with Physics, 49 for Medicine, 12 for MML, 2 for MML/AMES, 4 for Music, 6 for PBS, 3 for Philosophy, 77 for NatSci (20 Bio, 49 Phys, 8 unknown), 3 for Theology and 2 for Veterinary Medicine.

(We now have students from every undergraduate course except straight AMES! Please post your details if you're a prospective applicant.)

List of potential applicants on this thread:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Time flies, weird to say we're all Cambridge applicants now.
I know right, I remember you guys from GCSE days :tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Time flies, weird to say we're all Cambridge applicants now.

Original post by BP_Tranquility

The days of self teaching triple science :moon:
Reply 4

Original post by L'Evil Fish

Ahhh, those were simpler times:redface:
Reply 5

As I've said before, I remember going on Tinychat and Skype with you two and ryanb, asking each other GCSE Science questions and stuff. :moon: Little did we know we'd be competition 2 years later. I should have sabotaged you while I had the chance. :colone:
Reply 6
Hey :smile:

Wouldn't want to ruin your stroll down memory lane but I've got a concern about my application:

I've sent my SAQ eleven days ago, I got the automated email that they received it and that they'll forward it to my college.
However, I haven't gotten anything from my college yet (St John's). I see that people are getting emails from their colleges, with forms or whatnot...
Original post by aersh8

Wouldn't want to ruin your stroll down memory lane but I've got a concern about my application:

I've sent my SAQ eleven days ago, I got the automated email that they received it and that they'll forward it to my college.
However, I haven't gotten anything from my college yet (St John's). I see that people are getting emails from their colleges, with forms or whatnot...

Nah don't worry about it. The forms aren't much at all, nothing to do with actual application so
Reply 8
Is mentioning a specific college bad in the additional PS?
*will copy the List in here*
Reply 10
Nah don't worry about it. The forms aren't much at all, nothing to do with actual application so

Alright :smile: I'm just wondering whether I'll have to complete any
Original post by paradoxicalme
*will copy the List in here*

I'll edit it in the op if you want it to be prominent
Original post by aersh8
Alright :smile: I'm just wondering whether I'll have to complete any

With these forms it's possible you can just do it at interview I suppose
Reply 12
Original post by Red Fox
Is mentioning a specific college bad in the additional PS?

I'm guessing it will increase your chances with your chosen college, but reduce them if you're pooled. I wouldn't do it.
Original post by Elcor
I'm guessing it will increase your chances with your chosen college, but reduce them if you're pooled. I wouldn't do it.

Did you write much for it? I can't really think of what to write.
Reply 14
Original post by Red Fox
Did you write much for it? I can't really think of what to write.

I haven't started yet but I think I'll probably write a fair amount of the 1200 characters.
This was very much needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just away for an afternoon and there's this new thread :eek:
Btw I've received forms (data protection, request for UMS breakdown, etc.) from queens' but it seems they haven't specified a deadline? Did I miss something :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RainbowVeins
I was just away for an afternoon and there's this new thread :eek:
Btw I've received forms (data protection, request for UMS breakdown, etc.) from queens' but it seems they haven't specified a deadline? Did I miss something :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably 15th November?
Original post by aersh8

I haven't received anything from my college (Trinity Hall) either! Didn't know I should be expecting anything, but as the deadline for the SAQ hasn't even passed yet I'm not too worried :smile:
Reply 19
Hi guys, second mark here! Next time it'll be an offer holders thread :eek:

Best of luck with all your applications to Cambridge and elsewhere.

Enter your details on university connect!. It'll be an easier way to stalk others and make friends.

Stalking Page Google Document

Safer stalking page is here, and the results are here, with some automatically generated pie charts here.

And also there's the stalking thread page if you prefer that... Which is below:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50582413

Great stuff! But what's the difference between "Stalking Page Google Document" and "Safer Stalking Page" and the stalking thread page??

Latest