The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisystones
Woohoo! Erm, I'm not sure yet. I applied for uni last year but was ill during some of my exams so I didn't get in :frown: I think Durham might be my first choice if they give me a reasonable offer! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm sorry to hear that good luck this time round :smile: Durham looked incredible but I was lacking in confidence to apply there (I'm predicted AAA but don't think I can get an A*) so Leeds is my top choice yeah :biggrin:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by ionalaura
You enjoying them? - well enjoying them as much as you can enjoy A levels😂
Nope. My college is terrible. I have an interview at portsmouth on tuesday and not even done a mock interview D:

They're solid aha, nothing to complain about yet :tongue:

Aw, that sucks :/ have you been looking online for tips other people may have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iceangel8
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm sorry to hear that good luck this time round :smile: Durham looked incredible but I was lacking in confidence to apply there (I'm predicted AAA but don't think I can get an A*) so Leeds is my top choice yeah :biggrin:

No worries, it worked out better for me anyway so I'm not too bothered! :smile: Ah okay, you should have applied! I rang them up around results day, they said that their BSc course isn't as popular as their BA so they give out lower offers :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No worries, it worked out better for me anyway so I'm not too bothered! :smile: Ah okay, you should have applied! I rang them up around results day, they said that their BSc course isn't as popular as their BA so they give out lower offers :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh fine cool :3 It's more likely I'll get ABB-AAB so Durham would be a waste for me as a lower offer would probably be AAA. Or if I get higher I'll go through adjustment because it is an amazing uni and course!

So Leeds, Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield and RHUL :smile: how about you?
Reply 284
Never before have I felt this good. :biggrin:

g5KvzUw.png

Is that it now then? No more contact with Leeds until results day? I am so naive about how this all works :P.
Original post by Sam596
Never before have I felt this good. :biggrin:

Is that it now then? No more contact with Leeds until results day? I am so naive about how this all works :P.

Well done!!

You must be so happy! :smile:
Original post by iceangel8
Ooh fine cool :3 It's more likely I'll get ABB-AAB so Durham would be a waste for me as a lower offer would probably be AAA. Or if I get higher I'll go through adjustment because it is an amazing uni and course!

So Leeds, Bristol, Manchester, Sheffield and RHUL :smile: how about you?

Ah okay, that's fair enough then! Leeds, Durham, Sheffield, Notts and Newcastle for me :smile:
Ah okay, that's fair enough then! Leeds, Durham, Sheffield, Notts and Newcastle for me :smile:

Oooh cool :smile: good luck
Original post by beaverhausen
They're solid aha, nothing to complain about yet :tongue:

Aw, that sucks :/ have you been looking online for tips other people may have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh gosh, I feel the same about my A levels:L can we just skip the exam part and just go straight to uni? That would be great :u:
I was quite lucky I think at Portsmouth - the interview felt quite relaxed.. just hoping Leeds interview will be the same! eeeek
Hello good people of TSR. My name is Jordan, I'm 21 and today I received an offer for the Arts and Humanities with foundation year course! Needless to say that I'm super stoked!

At the moment I work full time and I can't wait to leave my job next year and finally become a student.

I chose Leeds because it offers a fantastic BA history course and the city is incredible.
Got my offer last night, AAB for German and International Business. So happy!:smile:
Reply 291
Just got a letter of my offer in the post, and invited to an applicant day... Starting to feel real.
Original post by Sam596
Just got a letter of my offer in the post, and invited to an applicant day... Starting to feel real.

Congrats! :smile:

Which course is it for?
Original post by Sam596

So do I! Which one are you going?
Reply 294
Original post by chermaine123
So do I! Which one are you going?

Awesome! I haven't decided yet. Although it'll probably be 4th March.
Original post by Sam596
Awesome! I haven't decided yet. Although it'll probably be 4th March.

Me too! Hopefully I'll see you there!
Reply 296
bump
Original post by Katy_
What course are you thinking of applying for?
BA (Hons) Communication and Media

What are you currently studying?
Media Studies, Sociology and English Language (Predicted AAB)

Why Leeds?
I love the whole city atmosphere and since the London accommodation is far too expensive this will be the closest I can get to it! Also, my cousin went to Leeds and he loved it there! The course content basically combines all my A-Level subjects into one course, so it's perfect!

Have you been to visit?
Unfortunately no, I haven't been able to get up there :frown: but from seeing all of your posts, it really helps get a feel of what the place is like :smile:

Hey! I applied to the same course as well! :smile: Have you received an offer yet?
Reply 298
Original post by CSLSally
Hey! I applied to the same course as well! :smile: Have you received an offer yet?

Woo haven't found anyone else doing the same course as me!! Only just managed to get my application sorted and sent today, so nope not yet. How about you?
Yaaaaaaay. Offer for Geographyyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest