The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fps0606
Oh em geee you're the nicest person ever !! I bet you're supa supa clever and are going places. Lawyer right? Xxxxxx

Haha don't make me blush! :colondollar: yes - aspiring lawyer in the making xo
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Revision for A2!!! I've got resits too so extra work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 482
Original post by Claudiaaa
Haha don't make me blush! :colondollar: yes - aspiring lawyer in the making xo

Everyone pray for claudiAAA ( kewl name btw!) law is pretty tricky. Any other aspiring lawyers out there????? Feel free to contact her I know her and a bristol lawyer have some pretty intimate private messages :wink: oioi
Woo! Offer for Biotech (with placement) for AAB!
Offer for Biology! AAB :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fossilcollective
Offer for Biology! AAB :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile: Out of curiosity, what were your AS results?
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Nice :smile: Out of curiosity, what were your AS results?

AAAB (and an A in general studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
AAAB (and an A in general studies)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister got AAAA last year and applied to Biology at Leeds and has an offer for AAA. I wonder why her offer is higher than yours? I read her personal statement and it was extremely strong, but maybe yours was just a personal statement sent from the gods :biggrin:
Original post by zoologyapp
My sister got AAAA last year and applied to Biology at Leeds and has an offer for AAA. I wonder why her offer is higher than yours? I read her personal statement and it was extremely strong, but maybe yours was just a personal statement sent from the gods :biggrin:

Maybe it's more to do with my predicted grades - I dropped one of the subjects I got an A at AS in, in favour of maths which I got a B in so my predicted grades for A2 are AAB :smile:

I was thinking the same. O)n the TSR connect page, most biology courses are going for AAA and mine is AAB. granted, mine is Biotech but I got BBC for AS, so i have no idea why mine is lower than yours....
Maybe it's more to do with my predicted grades - I dropped one of the subjects I got an A at AS in, in favour of maths which I got a B in so my predicted grades for A2 are AAB :smile:

Ah, that would make more sense!
I was thinking the same. O)n the TSR connect page, most biology courses are going for AAA and mine is AAB. granted, mine is Biotech but I got BBC for AS, so i have no idea why mine is lower than yours....

Strange, but as the OP said in the reply above, it might have to do with reflecting target grades; I hadn't thought about it like that before (if that makes sense). My sister is predicted A*A*A and so maybe that made them think they could reflect that with giving her a higher offer for some reason? I'm not too sure but maybe that would make sense.
I have an offer myself for zoology at leeds (and I'm in LOVE with leeds and desperately hope I get it- it's my firm!) that's also for AAA and I got AAAA last year, but a high offer for me is understandable as I'm not sure my personal statement was that strong and my subjects are a bit odd for a biology course (I was an idiot when deciding what to take and under pressure to "keep my options open") - I do biology, English literature and fine art (and dropped English language last year).
Strange, but as the OP said in the reply above, it might have to do with reflecting target grades; I hadn't thought about it like that before (if that makes sense). My sister is predicted A*A*A and so maybe that made them think they could reflect that with giving her a higher offer for some reason? I'm not too sure but maybe that would make sense.
I have an offer myself for zoology at leeds (and I'm in LOVE with leeds and desperately hope I get it- it's my firm!) that's also for AAA and I got AAAA last year, but a high offer for me is understandable as I'm not sure my personal statement was that strong and my subjects are a bit odd for a biology course (I was an idiot when deciding what to take and under pressure to "keep my options open") - I do biology, English literature and fine art (and dropped English language last year).

I'm predicted AABB, so must be down to that and I was told I have a very strong personal statement, so i'm hoping I won them over with that. Concerning your sister, you would have thought the uni would lower their requirements because they might want her more than me. I was quite surprised when I saw my offer was AAB. Strange...

I don't know about Leeds. Originally, i didn't even want to go to leeds but after i got my offer (my second so far), it suddenly started to appeal for me. So now i have to decide between york, cardiff and leeds :confused:

... if i get offers from the former
Reply 493
If I applied for accommodation in January when will I be given a offer for it? As on the website it states I will have to pay the deposit within 7 days so I need to know when I will be given a offer for accommodation so I have enough saved.
I'm predicted AABB, so must be down to that and I was told I have a very strong personal statement, so i'm hoping I won them over with that. Concerning your sister, you would have thought the uni would lower their requirements because they might want her more than me. I was quite surprised when I saw my offer was AAB. Strange...

I don't know about Leeds. Originally, i didn't even want to go to leeds but after i got my offer (my second so far), it suddenly started to appeal for me. So now i have to decide between york, cardiff and leeds :confused:

... if i get offers from the former

Hmm, it's a bit odd but they'll probably have their individual reasons. I'm trying not to worry too much about my AAA offer because at the applicant day an admissions tutor mentioned that Leeds will usually try to honour their offer and still give you a place of you get one or two grades below.
I wasn't sure about leeds just from online research etc but once I visited I absolutely fell in love, even more so the second time! I adore the campus and the city and I can see myself living there. I don't know why it seems so perfect for me :biggrin: I've got everything crossed that I'll get my place! I don't really want to go to my insurance (Lincoln - it was going to be Newcastle but my offer's AAB and that's not a very secure insurance choice, same with Exeter, and even though my offer from hull is BBB I live quite near hull and just want a change of scenery). Good luck with your other offers, seems like a hard choice, although I personally don't like the look of York, although I've spent a lot of time in the city and it's a very nice place.
Hmm, it's a bit odd but they'll probably have their individual reasons. I'm trying not to worry too much about my AAA offer because at the applicant day an admissions tutor mentioned that Leeds will usually try to honour their offer and still give you a place of you get one or two grades below.
I wasn't sure about leeds just from online research etc but once I visited I absolutely fell in love, even more so the second time! I adore the campus and the city and I can see myself living there. I don't know why it seems so perfect for me :biggrin: I've got everything crossed that I'll get my place! I don't really want to go to my insurance (Lincoln - it was going to be Newcastle but my offer's AAB and that's not a very secure insurance choice, same with Exeter, and even though my offer from hull is BBB I live quite near hull and just want a change of scenery). Good luck with your other offers, seems like a hard choice, although I personally don't like the look of York, although I've spent a lot of time in the city and it's a very nice place.

Oh really? that's interesting... They might say that they'll honour their offer but with so many people applying, it could very well be quite unlikely. My back up was supposed to be Aberdeen at BBB but they offered ABB instead which completely ruined my plans; it doesn't help that all the other unis I applied for will want AAB. So now I think I may put leeds as my insurance if what you say is true. Also, thanks for your insight about York.

Is anyone going to/heard details about the Leeds applicant day?

Oh really? that's interesting... They might say that they'll honour their offer but with so many people applying, it could very well be quite unlikely. My back up was supposed to be Aberdeen at BBB but they offered ABB instead which completely ruined my plans; it doesn't help that all the other unis I applied for will want AAB. So now I think I may put leeds as my insurance if what you say is true. Also, thanks for your insight about York.

Is anyone going to/heard details about the Leeds applicant day?

I hate to be a downer but the teacher at my school in charge of UCAs said Leeds rarely lower their offers as it is such a popular university. One boy at my school applied and had an offer for AAA and he got A* A B and didn't get let in so if I were you I wouldn't put Leeds as your back up based on the hope they might let you in if you get slightly below! Obviously it will differ between courses but it might be quite a big chance to take!

For applicant days I have been told a few different dates but I think it varies quite a lot depending on what course! I've applied for history but all of the days are on a Wednesday and Leeds is quite far from where I live and trains are so expensive that I might not go as I've already looked round and really love it!
Original post by Pollllllllllllly
I hate to be a downer but the teacher at my school in charge of UCAs said Leeds rarely lower their offers as it is such a popular university. One boy at my school applied and had an offer for AAA and he got A* A B and didn't get let in so if I were you I wouldn't put Leeds as your back up based on the hope they might let you in if you get slightly below! Obviously it will differ between courses but it might be quite a big chance to take!

For applicant days I have been told a few different dates but I think it varies quite a lot depending on what course! I've applied for history but all of the days are on a Wednesday and Leeds is quite far from where I live and trains are so expensive that I might not go as I've already looked round and really love it!

My course is quite new and scarcely applied for from what i've seen. Thanks for your insight too but I'd rather not compromise with my universities. On one hand, I'll get whatever I deserve but on the other hand, it could potentially get me a place. I suppose my ambition and stubbornness will be my downfall

This must surely depend on the course and its popularity? I have an ABB offer for Leeds and was told at the open day that they make around 100 offers for 50 places and those that don't make the grade don't get a place, unless they don't get 50 that do meet the grade, which is unlikely.
Reply 499
I've applied for Communication & Media :smile: Only sent it off on christmas eve so obviously haven't heard back yet! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest