The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, yes I would give the department a call and just ask for an update on your application- have your UCAS number handy when you call. Many thanks Laura
Original post by clstx
I submitted my application to Leeds back in November and I still haven't heard anything back from the uni despite having received offers from all my other choices. It's been three months since I've applied, is it worth ringing them up and asking about it or...? :confused:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Just got my offer for Computer Science today and it was lower than I expected. So happy! Think i'm going to make it my Firm :smile:
Original post by DutchSR
Just got my offer for Computer Science today and it was lower than I expected. So happy! Think i'm going to make it my Firm :smile:

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DutchSR

Congrats! I have an offer too, what was your offer?

+ Did you attend the interview day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pleasantly surprised by a phone call from University of Leeds earlier - one of the students calling on behalf of them personally offered to book an applicant day visit for me :smile: Such a lovely gesture! I was going to do it myself but kept forgetting, looks like that's one less thing to worry about now :tongue:
Original post by JRHewett
Congrats! I have an offer too, what was your offer?

+ Did you attend the interview day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I attended the interview day. Let's just say me and the lecturer talked a bit too much and I missed my tour XD
They offered me ABB to my surprise. Really happy but I don't know how I got it. Not gonna complain though as I'm still gonna have to work for it.

Well done on your offer as well :-)
Original post by DutchSR
Yeah I attended the interview day. Let's just say me and the lecturer talked a bit too much and I missed my tour XD
They offered me ABB to my surprise. Really happy but I don't know how I got it. Not gonna complain though as I'm still gonna have to work for it.

Well done on your offer as well :-)

Aw you must feel quite good about that! They clearly saw something in you!

ABB is much preferable to my A*AA lmao! I wasn't able to attend the interview so was to be expected!

Good luck! Hope it works out for ya!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JRHewett
Aw you must feel quite good about that! They clearly saw something in you!

ABB is much preferable to my A*AA lmao! I wasn't able to attend the interview so was to be expected!

Good luck! Hope it works out for ya!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks. They did say if you showed up, you automatically got a lower offer :-/
But good luck to you too :-)
Original post by jennapotter6
I won't be a fresher, but I'm applying to Leeds Uni from my university in Canada for an exchange!

Received my offer from Leeds in January to study History and Sociology!!

What are you planning to study?
got my offer last week for psychology :yeah:
Hi :smile:
What course are you thinking of applying for? I have an unconditional offer for international relations
What are you currently studying? I studied Early Modern History, Biology and Law at A2 :smile:

I'm taking a gap year, hence the unconditional, but I've already undertaken the Access to Leeds module so I've been to the uni campus many times.
Can't wait for September :biggrin:
Original post by toiletroll
got my offer last week for psychology :yeah:

Congrats!! For the regular bsc or the MSci? I've just had an applicant open day with the department last week. It was lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GOTisthebest
Hi :smile:
What course are you thinking of applying for? I have an unconditional offer for international relations
What are you currently studying? I studied Early Modern History, Biology and Law at A2 :smile:

I'm taking a gap year, hence the unconditional, but I've already undertaken the Access to Leeds module so I've been to the uni campus many times.
Can't wait for September :biggrin:

What's the A2L module like? They don't give much information on the site.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it's probably early, but has anyone had a look at accommodation yet? I quite like the look of Leodis atm :-)
I got an offer for Medical Science...anybody else get an offer for this course? :smile:
Original post by beaverhausen
What's the A2L module like? They don't give much information on the site.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The module is split into two parts. First there are three multiple choice questionnaires to do (which are no trouble at all and you can re-do them as many times as you want).
Then there is a subject specific essay to do; for this you can contact a tutor assigned to you if you're having any problems :smile: you'll be fine don't worry about it!
Original post by GOTisthebest
The module is split into two parts. First there are three multiple choice questionnaires to do (which are no trouble at all and you can re-do them as many times as you want).
Then there is a subject specific essay to do; for this you can contact a tutor assigned to you if you're having any problems :smile: you'll be fine don't worry about it!

Thanks for clearing things up! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DutchSR
I know it's probably early, but has anyone had a look at accommodation yet? I quite like the look of Leodis atm :-)

I have!! and Leodis is my fav so far.
What course are you thinking of applying for?
Textile Design
What are you currently studying?
Foundation year in Textiles
Why Leeds?
The City!
Have you been to visit?
Nope, going in March.

Is anyone studying or will be studying textiles? I've been made an unconditional offer and coming for an open day in march.

Also, what accomm is everyone looking at? Central Village looks amazing but I dont want to be somewhere with no night life!
Hello! Anyone knows if I can change my chosen subject of study? I got a conditional for law and I'm just not sure anymore. Any help would be great :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest