The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

mmu open days

I know it's far away but I was wondering if any of you were going to the mmu open day on 29th november?

or if you've already been, what it's like? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I went to the one last weekend. I really enjoyed it, I wasn't really that enthusiastic about MMU but to be honest I'd be quite happy there. Everyone was really friendly & informative, I went to the welcome talk, an accommodation talk, my course talk, and a sample lecture - and the professor who took the sample lecture was great, super enthusiastic and in the 30 minutes I was in there I actually felt like I came away having learnt something. Thoroughly recommend.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by TwoLimes
I went to the one last weekend. I really enjoyed it, I wasn't really that enthusiastic about MMU but to be honest I'd be quite happy there. Everyone was really friendly & informative, I went to the welcome talk, an accommodation talk, my course talk, and a sample lecture - and the professor who took the sample lecture was great, super enthusiastic and in the 30 minutes I was in there I actually felt like I came away having learnt something. Thoroughly recommend.

ahh thank you!! what course is it that you're applying for?:smile: did you get to look around any of the accommodation? it's great to hear that they're enthusiastic!
Original post by robynofficer97
ahh thank you!! what course is it that you're applying for?:smile: did you get to look around any of the accommodation? it's great to hear that they're enthusiastic!

It was for English literature. What are you applying for? I didn't go look round it but there were tours going on. I just got a brochure that has pictures and prices in, and the talk was quite useful in deciding. If I get an offer I'll go back & have another look round.
It was for English literature. What are you applying for? I didn't go look round it but there were tours going on. I just got a brochure that has pictures and prices in, and the talk was quite useful in deciding. If I get an offer I'll go back & have another look round.

ooh i'm applying for events management, i was sooo tempted by english lit! oh fair enough, that's good to know. do you know which halls you were more tempted by?
ooh i'm applying for events management, i was sooo tempted by english lit! oh fair enough, that's good to know. do you know which halls you were more tempted by?

Ooh cool!

The cheapest ones!! Haha. I would have gone for Cavendish, my friend lived there a few years ago, but I think it's unavailable for 2015 entry. Cambridge and Burley looked alright, although the Daisy Bank townhouses also looked good, especially with the free bus pass. I don't think I'd really mind, as long as it wasn't ensuite or catered :smile:
Ooh cool!

The cheapest ones!! Haha. I would have gone for Cavendish, my friend lived there a few years ago, but I think it's unavailable for 2015 entry. Cambridge and Burley looked alright, although the Daisy Bank townhouses also looked good, especially with the free bus pass. I don't think I'd really mind, as long as it wasn't ensuite or catered :smile:

oh that's fair enough!! i don't want catered either. i like the look of cambridge but i'm not too sure, hopefully the open day will help with that. where else are you applying too?
oh that's fair enough!! i don't want catered either. i like the look of cambridge but i'm not too sure, hopefully the open day will help with that. where else are you applying too?

Yeah Cambridge looked good.

Uni of Manchester & Lancaster.

What about you?
Yeah Cambridge looked good.

Uni of Manchester & Lancaster.

What about you?

ahh cool! manchester met and leeds beckett :smile:
do you know which is your first choice?
ahh cool! manchester met and leeds beckett :smile:
do you know which is your first choice?

Ace, have you heard back from either of them yet?

Umm probably uni of manc, I really love Manchester!
Ace, have you heard back from either of them yet?

Umm probably uni of manc, I really love Manchester!

noo i'm submitting my application next week, i'm on my half term atm. have you? :smile:

how come you went to the man met open day if you're applying to the uni of manc? ahh that's the same as me!! i love it, i'm originally from there too so feels more like home :smile:
noo i'm submitting my application next week, i'm on my half term atm. have you? :smile:

how come you went to the man met open day if you're applying to the uni of manc? ahh that's the same as me!! i love it, i'm originally from there too so feels more like home :smile:

Ohh, I meant to say I'd applied for MMU as well - sorry! Haha

Yeah my UCAS went in the second week in September I think. I'm super impatient - I've got one offer from Lancaster so just waiting on the Manchesters to get a wiggle on!

Oh awesome! Yeah it's such a vibrant city, and not at all as mental as London.
Ohh, I meant to say I'd applied for MMU as well - sorry! Haha

Yeah my UCAS went in the second week in September I think. I'm super impatient - I've got one offer from Lancaster so just waiting on the Manchesters to get a wiggle on!

Oh awesome! Yeah it's such a vibrant city, and not at all as mental as London.

oh right, ooh that's so good! i will literally be track checking every 5 seconds when i've sent mine off. luckily it seems that leeds is replying really quickly but its mmu i really want to hear from! have to let me know if you get an offer from there :smile:
oh right, ooh that's so good! i will literally be track checking every 5 seconds when i've sent mine off. luckily it seems that leeds is replying really quickly but its mmu i really want to hear from! have to let me know if you get an offer from there :smile:

Sure. I asked admissions & for English & creative writing they're not even starting looking at applications until November, so I'm not holding out much hope for it to be befor Christmas tbh!! Best of luck with your app!
Sure. I asked admissions & for English & creative writing they're not even starting looking at applications until November, so I'm not holding out much hope for it to be befor Christmas tbh!! Best of luck with your app!

oh that's good that you know when abouts they start looking at them and don't get worried not hearing back for a while then. thank you :smile: you too!
Reply 15
I went to the open day for mmu today I thought it was really nice! I looked at Cambridge Halls and they seem like a good option
Original post by annacd14
I went to the open day for mmu today I thought it was really nice! I looked at Cambridge Halls and they seem like a good option

ahh good! did you notice if the rooms were a reasonable size at cambridge halls?
Reply 17
ahh good! did you notice if the rooms were a reasonable size at cambridge halls?

They're not huge but enough storage space and desk space, etc plus the rooms have a sink. It was shared bathroom but the girl showing us around said that they had a cleaner every week
Original post by annacd14
They're not huge but enough storage space and desk space, etc plus the rooms have a sink. It was shared bathroom but the girl showing us around said that they had a cleaner every week

oh that's good then, thank you!! did you notice if there were pinboards on the walls of the rooms? :smile:
Reply 19
I didn't notice :/ but you can buy them in wilkinsons quite cheap if you wanted one :smile: I liked that the flats are shared between 5-10 people so it's a good way to make friends when you move in! Have you been to an mmu open day yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending