The Student Room Group

I don't hear about many people NOT getting offers.

I always here about people getting offers/interviews but hardly about rejections?
Reply 1
Original post by Jgco2chem
I always here about people getting offers/interviews but hardly about rejections?

I believe that is because people are much more eager to share their own successes, than their own failures, hence you hear about offers more.
20-40% of UCAS applications do not meet the predicted grades of the course in question. These people are significantly responsible for the sometimes low offer to applicant ratios at many universities. The vast majority of people who apply properly and sensibly, will get at least one offer.
Yeah no one wants to share it with the world when they get rejected..
1) People don't want to talk about their failures.
2) People lie on the internet.
Once upon a time, I was rejected from my top choice. That time was last week. It's not worth lying about or wallowing over. The end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was rejected from Bristol because I was predicted grades lower than the grades they asked for. It was a long shot but I thought why not? Didn't lose anything from it & I'm not ashamed; it's just not the sort of thing you run to tell TSR about. :smile:
Reply 7
I got offers for all five courses in maths I applied to at Warwick, Dundee, Edinburgh and aberdeen, with second year entry where possible... Then I dropped out of Edinburgh just last week after 4 years there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending