The Student Room Group

Is anyone good with Spanish?

If you are good with Spanish comment below please! Please help me with my Spanish GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

I have A* at GCSE and occasionally read some Spanish books...try me!
Reply 2
I got an A* at GCSE and A at AS level, so if you need any help message me!
Reply 3
Yeah message me if you want help - A* at A level and living in Honduras - Spanish speaking - for a year :smile:
Original post by maxwynne
I got an A* at GCSE and A at AS level, so if you need any help message me!

Can you help me in mine?
Even though I didn't start this thread :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Can you help me in mine?
Even though I didn't start this thread :smile:

Yeah sure !
I'm a native speaker, feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm a native speaker, feel free to PM me :smile:

Me too :smile:
Reply 8
Me t... Oh wait no :frown:.
A* at GCSE, A at AS, applying for Spanish at university. Here to help anyone out if they would like it. Feel free to PM me :smile:
Original post by 04mcdonaldj
A* at GCSE, A at AS, applying for Spanish at university. Here to help anyone out if they would like it. Feel free to PM me :smile:

Hi, did you find AS Spanish really difficult at first?
Original post by Mariee16
Hi, did you find AS Spanish really difficult at first?

It was definitely a step up from GCSE which I found pretty easy. The amount of new vocab one has to absorb is probably the hardest thing because at GCSE all the words you're likely to have in the exam are in the textbook.

Exam technique is the hardest part and you just have to learn what the examiners are looking for. I got a B in my mock reading, writing and listening but once i improved my technique i got 99% in my real AS reading, writing and listening. So you'll get used to it eventually don't worry :smile:
It was definitely a step up from GCSE which I found pretty easy. The amount of new vocab one has to absorb is probably the hardest thing because at GCSE all the words you're likely to have in the exam are in the textbook.

Exam technique is the hardest part and you just have to learn what the examiners are looking for. I got a B in my mock reading, writing and listening but once i improved my technique i got 99% in my real AS reading, writing and listening. So you'll get used to it eventually don't worry :smile:

Thanks :smile: I got an A at GCSE with no effort but am really struggling with AS at the moment, despite the fact that it's the subject I am now putting the most time into.
If you still need help then feel free to PM me. (A2 student here)

Original post by O133
If you still need help then feel free to PM me. (A2 student here)

Hi, I'm doing AS Spanish and for some reason I am just not improving in my speaking. Since the start of September I have been having speaking practice with a spanish speaker for 15-20 minutes a week and my grade isn't moving up! Did it take you a while to master the speaking? Have you got any tips?
Thank you
Original post by aerohotchoc
Hi, I'm doing AS Spanish and for some reason I am just not improving in my speaking. Since the start of September I have been having speaking practice with a spanish speaker for 15-20 minutes a week and my grade isn't moving up! Did it take you a while to master the speaking? Have you got any tips?
Thank you

I don't remember having trouble with the speaking, although we seemed to do a fair bit at GCSE (including unexpected questions etc.) so it was never a big thing jumping up to A-level.

Mastering grammar as always is the key to improving speaking I feel.
Thank you

What part of speaking are you having problems with? Fluency? I agree with O133 that the best way to improve is to be sure of your grammar constructions and also being able to introduce a wide range of expressions. Maybe try reading aloud to develop a better sense of the language and to make it sound more natural.
I'm pretty good at Spanish :tongue:
Whatcha' need?
Original post by O133
I don't remember having trouble with the speaking, although we seemed to do a fair bit at GCSE (including unexpected questions etc.) so it was never a big thing jumping up to A-level.

Mastering grammar as always is the key to improving speaking I feel.

Thank you, yeah we have only looked at a few tenses so maybe once I have looked at a few more my grammar will be more varied and like you say my speaking might improve.
What part of speaking are you having problems with? Fluency? I agree with O133 that the best way to improve is to be sure of your grammar constructions and also being able to introduce a wide range of expressions. Maybe try reading aloud to develop a better sense of the language and to make it sound more natural.

Thanks, yeah it would be fluency and grammar. Like I said maybe once I've been introduced to more tenses (at AS- not just the ones I can remember from GCSE) my grammar will pick up and fluency improve.
Thank you, yeah we have only looked at a few tenses so maybe once I have looked at a few more my grammar will be more varied and like you say my speaking might improve.

Thanks, yeah it would be fluency and grammar. Like I said maybe once I've been introduced to more tenses (at AS- not just the ones I can remember from GCSE) my grammar will pick up and fluency improve.

Yeah, it's practice using them on the spot that you'll need too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending