The Student Room Group

Y12 Economics Thread!

Welcome aboard! Let's supply enough information to make the thread efficient! Hopefully the demand will be high enough . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I see what you did there :wink:
Original post by Edminzodo
Welcome aboard! Let's supply enough information to make the thread efficient! Hopefully the demand will be high enough . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Hopefully we'll meet an equilibrium :wink:

I'm doing Edexcel GCE Economics, currently just finished elasticities of demand. How about you?
Currently covering elasticities. Hardest topic by far thus far.
Reply 4
Original post by jake4198
Hey! Hopefully we'll meet an equilibrium :wink:

I'm doing Edexcel GCE Economics, currently just finished elasticities of demand. How about you?

Original post by blondelocks
Currently covering elasticities. Hardest topic by far thus far.

I'm doing this as well at the moment, it seems to be okay so far just a bit of a step up from the previous topics.
AQAAAAAA CHECKING IN.

we are finished elasticities demand & supply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
I'm doing this as well at the moment, it seems to be okay so far just a bit of a step up from the previous topics.

Yeah the previous topics were extremely straight forward in comparison for my liking. I have skimmed through the book and to be honest I think elasticity will be the toughest concept for me to fully comprehend, luckily we've started it early and I'll have it sorted before the new year.

You enjoying it? Also, I remember you from the GCSE board, what did you end up getting for maths?
Hoping somebody did a Cost-Benefit Analysis before making this thread...
Reply 8
Yeah the previous topics were extremely straight forward in comparison for my liking. I have skimmed through the book and to be honest I think elasticity will be the toughest concept for me to fully comprehend, luckily we've started it early and I'll have it sorted before the new year.

You enjoying it? Also, I remember you from the GCSE board, what did you end up getting for maths?

Wow you have good memory :eek: I got 195/200 :biggrin: You?
Original post by BBeyond

Yeah, eleasticities has been a little challenging. A lot more than any of the other topics
for AQAers.

use pajholden.
use tutor2u
use khan academy

I love the 8 marker, you need no economic background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing AQA Economics AS this year :biggrin: What other subjects are you guys doing???
I've just finished demand,supply and the equilibrium and i found it extremely straight forward. Looking at all the other posts, looks like price elasticity will be a bit of challenge which is quite good
Original post by BBeyond

you were that guy who came on the yr 11 thread and started taking the mick out of kairos

hold on, why are you so much kinder? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
for AQAers.

use pajholden.
use tutor2u
use khan academy

Posted from TSR Mobile

We haven't done any questions yet really :frown: We did one 30 marker for homework which I got 27 in which I thought was okay :biggrin:

Thanks for the websites though :biggrin:

you were that guy who came on the yr 11 thread and started taking the mick out of kairos

hold on, why are you so much kinder? :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that was quite awhile ago :tongue: I'm nice to people who deserve my respect!
(edited 9 years ago)
for AQAers.

use pajholden.
use tutor2u
use khan academy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I discovered pajholden today. The man's a God
Original post by BBeyond

congrats! I got 106/200 (B)
congrats! I got 106/200 (B)

Thank you, you too! What other subjects are you doing? :smile:
Original post by BBeyond
We haven't done any questions yet really :frown: We did one 30 marker for homework which I got 27 in which I thought was okay :biggrin:

Thanks for the websites though :biggrin:

Yeah that was quite awhile ago :tongue: I'm nice to people who deserve my respect!

there's 5 marker, 8, 12 (diagram included), and 25 marker (on government intervention).

5 = definition
8= compare graphs and state dates and units.
12 = diagram and explain what it is showing via source.

25 marker loool idk essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
there's 5 marker, 8, 12 (diagram included), and 25 marker (on government intervention).

5 = definition
8= compare graphs and state dates and units.
12 = diagram and explain what it is showing via source.

25 marker loool idk essay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so much exam technique to master :eek: What do you mean by compare dates (8 marker)?

Quick Reply

Latest