The Student Room Group

College or apprenticeship?

Hi, I'm 15 years old and currently in year 11 at school. For the past few months we've been urged to start researching things like college and apprenticeships but I'm torn between the two. I would love to go college amd study things like history, Drama, biology and physics but I also want to do an apprenticeship in IT. The place I'm thinking of for the IT apprenticeship is "estio training". I haven't seen anywhere else that offers an IT course like this and I really don't know what to do. Can I go to college and then do the apprenticeship or vice-versa? I really need help and I'm afraid of making the right choice s some people say qualifications are everything and then there's people saying that they're not important and businesses want people with hands on experience.
Original post by MemeMaster
Hi, I'm 15 years old and currently in year 11 at school. For the past few months we've been urged to start researching things like college and apprenticeships but I'm torn between the two. I would love to go college amd study things like history, Drama, biology and physics but I also want to do an apprenticeship in IT. The place I'm thinking of for the IT apprenticeship is "estio training". I haven't seen anywhere else that offers an IT course like this and I really don't know what to do. Can I go to college and then do the apprenticeship or vice-versa? I really need help and I'm afraid of making the right choice s some people say qualifications are everything and then there's people saying that they're not important and businesses want people with hands on experience.

Yes you can go to college then an apprenticeship but you are not fully funded at 19 or over, your employer will usually pay for this. Estio do offer the best qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id do an apprenticeship. At least you are pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of it. Plus you get the qualification out of it.
Look at the official apprenticeship website for more information http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
Reply 3
Is it possible to go to college after an apprenticeship?
Is it possible to go to college after an apprenticeship?

It's probably a better idea to go to college then do an apprenticeship, I think you're funded for college until 19 so you probably could.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending