The Student Room Group

How much do you think a garage would charge to replace my clutch?

Several signs are pointing to perhaps my car needs a clutch replacement. it is a 2003 Vauxhall Vectra LS diesel.

How much do you think a back street independent garage would charge to do the job if

''I SUPPLIED ALL THE PARTS INCLUDING THE CLUTCH ''

How much do you think they'd charge just for replacing the clutch, as said not including parts as I'll supply them myself

(edited 9 years ago)
Just changed the clutch on my mk1 ford focus, cost me £250 for parts and labour
Reply 3
If it's got a DMF (dual mass flywheel) I'd convert to a solid flywheel at the same time. If it's not failed already it's only a matter of time.
Original post by Orange s0da
Just changed the clutch on my mk1 ford focus, cost me £250 for parts and labour

did you do it yourself ?

Original post by Nuffles
If it's got a DMF (dual mass flywheel) I'd convert to a solid flywheel at the same time. If it's not failed already it's only a matter of time.

yeah it's got DMF but you haven't helped in regards to the thread, answer the question of the thread in your opinion
Reply 5
Well it's not gunna be cheap. If you're lucky then they can drop just the gearbox and do it that way (ala mk3 Golf), but engine bays on modern cars are so tight that you generally need to drop both the engine and gearbox to split them outside the car before doing the clutch. I've never paid for a clutch job so I can't give you a specific price, other than to advice you to swap the DMF to a solid flywheel while they're in there, to save the money of having to do it again when it eventually goes. And the throwout bearing too, but you'd be mad not to get that done at the same time.
You can get a used clutch for around £80, and labour would be about £120.

I wouldn't get a new clutch on it, cars only worth around £700.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, DMF should be okay, they don't really go on the 2.0 DTis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending