The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BenF2409
Damn...I wonder who they ask to come to interviews...I've been invited too.

Well done also - I'm pretty nervous and curious! I'm sure we all are though to be fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 21
Original post by TheShingster
I just got the invitation too. I guess they will email us within the next few days if we need an interview, on the PDF - it did say there was a one on one talk anyway though but this is probably informal.

Does this mean they pick us depending on the applicant day then?

Yeah I didn't understand that bit. A chance to speak "individually" with a member of staff yet no "formal interview" unless emailed??

I'm assuming that this is a lot about understanding more about the course - they will definitely be making some kid of judgements though I would have thought - hard to know without being interviewed!

Did you all go to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by CD223
Nice well done! Have you seen the "further details" PDF? It says no formal interview unless they email us separately?? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just accepted the invite and yes I have viewed the PDF. Although I'm wondering if they will inform us within a few days if we require an interview or would we have received that before this invite.

Also my UCAS track still hasn't been updated. Has yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by CD223
Yeah I didn't understand that bit. A chance to speak "individually" with a member of staff yet no "formal interview" unless emailed??

I'm assuming that this is a lot about understanding more about the course - they will definitely be making some kid of judgements though I would have thought - hard to know without being interviewed!

Did you all go to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I didn't understand that either. Seems to good to be true in some respects.

Haven't been to the open day so this will be first time. I'm assuming you've been, if so how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G.Fecci
Yeah I didn't understand that either. Seems to good to be true in some respects.

Haven't been to the open day so this will be first time. I'm assuming you've been, if so how was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah agree with you too. I guess we only get an offer depending on the applicant day as I assume none of us actually got an offer from them on UCAS?

Been to the Open Day, I thought it was very good but the campus is smaller than I thought!
Reply 25
Original post by TheShingster
Yeah agree with you too. I guess we only get an offer depending on the applicant day as I assume none of us actually got an offer from them on UCAS?

Been to the Open Day, I thought it was very good but the campus is smaller than I thought!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking because my UCAS Track is still showing that Surrey is "considering" my application.

But on the other hand since the PDF says no formal interviews unless contacted directly, how do they make decisions. I'm tempted to drop them a line, feel inpatient haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you all seen the University of Surrey Connect page?

You can use it to let other people know where your offer is at and see how others are doing :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by G.Fecci
Yeah that's what I'm thinking because my UCAS Track is still showing that Surrey is "considering" my application.

But on the other hand since the PDF says no formal interviews unless contacted directly, how do they make decisions. I'm tempted to drop them a line, feel inpatient haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the exact same thought, maybe if we don't get asked for a formal interview, they base it on the one on one talk or the team games is well? Maybe you should drop them a line and let us know here when they reply! Tempted to know too!
Huge congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! :smile: If you've got any questions, just give us a shout and we'll try to answer them for you.
Reply 29
Original post by University of Surrey
Huge congratulations to everyone who has received an offer! :smile: If you've got any questions, just give us a shout and we'll try to answer them for you.

I have an applicant open day for chem eng but not an offer :s-smilie:, I was an early applicant so when will I be told??

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Shumell
I have an applicant open day for chem eng but not an offer :s-smilie:, I was an early applicant so when will I be told??

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here but for Computer Science, I was invited to an applicant day but I'm unsure if they give an offer to us based on the day.
Thanks

Will there be more applicant days for physics students as I'm not able to make the one I've been invited to
Reply 32
Original post by Shumell
Hi guys.... just wondering who is applying for chemical engineering? And if you are, have you got your offer?

And who else is going to the applicant open day on the 12th of November?!

:biggrin:
Good luckk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for chem eng and am going to the applicant day on the 12th 😃 do you think they'll decide based on the applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Shumell

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi same here. Applied to Chemeng and have been invited to the applicant's day on december. Not sure if going cause it's quite far away. Are you thinking of going?
Reply 34

Hi. I have received an invitation to the applicant's day. However because I live in the North, and they haven't told me yet if it is an interview or not, will I be in disadvantage if I don't go? I have applied to Chemeng.
Reply 35
Original post by Shumell
Hi guys.... just wondering who is applying for chemical engineering? And if you are, have you got your offer?

And who else is going to the applicant open day on the 12th of November?!

:biggrin:
Good luckk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I have applied to chemical engineering. However my applicant's day is on december :frown: Haven't received an offer yet.
Reply 36
Original post by Sam280297
My application reached my universities on the 7th of October and I got an offer of AAA for Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics on the 16th.

Been invited to an applicant day but have my Oxford admissions test that day. Anyone else in that same situation?

Hi. Did you get your offer together with the invitation to applicant's day or separately?
Reply 37
Original post by misaki2
Hi I have applied to chemical engineering. However my applicant's day is on december :frown: Haven't received an offer yet.

Don't worry, I haven't got an offer yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by misaki2
Hi same here. Applied to Chemeng and have been invited to the applicant's day on december. Not sure if going cause it's quite far away. Are you thinking of going?

Yes, it's definitely worth going! I know I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Who else is going on the applicant open day for chem eng on the 12th of November? See you then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending