The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey offer holders 2015

Anyone got offers yet for 2015? What course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Physics - AAA
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Sataris
Physics - AAA

Not bad. I applied last thursday and still haven't heard back. Do you get an email when you get your offer or do you constantly have to login to UCAS track?
Reply 3
Original post by Bricktop
Not bad. I applied last thursday and still haven't heard back. Do you get an email when you get your offer or do you constantly have to login to UCAS track?

I applied on this Tuesday just gone, and got it today. I got acknowledgement emails, but had to check track for the offer. What are you applying for?
Reply 4
Original post by Sataris
I applied on this Tuesday just gone, and got it today. I got acknowledgement emails, but had to check track for the offer. What are you applying for?

Chemical engineering. I heard it depends on the department how long it takes to give offers. What other unis have you applied to?
Reply 5
Original post by Bricktop
Chemical engineering. I heard it depends on the department how long it takes to give offers. What other unis have you applied to?

I've also applied to Oxford, Durham, Bath and Exeter. Nothing from them so far. You?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello!

Congratulations to all who have offers :smile:

I received an offer yesterday for International Politics AAA :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by YanaIguana
Hello!

Congratulations to all who have offers :smile:

I received an offer yesterday for International Politics AAA :biggrin:

Awesome! What subjects do you need for it?
Original post by Sataris
Awesome! What subjects do you need for it?

A social science or humanities subject is preferred (from their website)

I'm taking Geography, English Literature and Classical Civilisation :smile:

Congrats on your Physics offer ^.^
Reply 9
Omigosh
I applied for chemical engineering too! I got an applicant open day but not an offer ?
My application reached my universities on the 7th of October and I got an offer of AAA for Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics on the 16th.

Been invited to an applicant day but have my Oxford admissions test that day. Anyone else in that same situation?
Original post by Sam280297
My application reached my universities on the 7th of October and I got an offer of AAA for Physics with Nuclear Astrophysics on the 16th.

Been invited to an applicant day but have my Oxford admissions test that day. Anyone else in that same situation?

:erm: I got that offer for Physics but haven't got an invitation to an applicants day... It seems a bit irresponsible to set one up on a day when so many people will obviously be engaged. How are you feeling about the PAT? :smile:
Reply 12
Anyone heard of offers for Computing / Computer Science? I've not heard anything yet and wondered whether they'd started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sataris
:erm: I got that offer for Physics but haven't got an invitation to an applicants day... It seems a bit irresponsible to set one up on a day when so many people will obviously be engaged. How are you feeling about the PAT? :smile:

It'd feel pretty awkward saying to them that I can't make it because of an Oxford admissions test, but at least I have my offer. Even if I didn't have the test I'd struggle to make it as I have an interview at Lancaster the next day.

It's fair to say that I'm s*** scared about the test. I'm finding the maths section a lot easier than the physics section. Some of the stuff on past papers I haven't even covered yet. I'm not expecting to do incredibly well and not that confident on getting an interview.
Reply 14
Hi guys.... just wondering who is applying for chemical engineering? And if you are, have you got your offer?

And who else is going to the applicant open day on the 12th of November?!

:biggrin:
Good luckk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Just got an invite to an applicant day on 19th November for Comp Sci! Anyone else going that day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I've also received an invite for an applicants day on 19th for Computing and IT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by G.Fecci
I've also received an invite for an applicants day on 19th for Computing and IT :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice well done! Have you seen the "further details" PDF? It says no formal interview unless they email us separately?? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice well done! Have you seen the "further details" PDF? It says no formal interview unless they email us separately?? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn...I wonder who they ask to come to interviews...I've been invited too.
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just got the invitation too. I guess they will email us within the next few days if we need an interview, on the PDF - it did say there was a one on one talk anyway though but this is probably informal.

Does this mean they pick us depending on the applicant day then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending