The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

**University of Reading - 2015 Applicants**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PR1234
ANYBODY DOING ENGLISH LANGUAGE OR IS IN BRIDGES HALL! Roll on University!

I'm staying in Bridges!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by noirblush
Got in through clearing to do law..
Any other reading students looking for private accomdation? Need buddies to rent a place with

Posted from TSR Mobile

just got my accomodation offer and it literally would leave me penniless.. lookingfor private flat/house shares now, is that private accomodation still on offer?
Reply 682
Original post by MayTaher
Has anyone got this message "The student userID does not match with a student in the UPP/RoomService." trying to apply for accommodation or am I the only one cry emoticon

I had this problem, just email [email protected] with your ID and let them know the problem and they will fix it.
Hello! I've been accepted for Psychology and am staying in Childs Hall... anyone else?? :smile:
Anyone doing Law in Benyon Hall?
Original post by MscPM
Anyone who has accepted Benyon hall??

I have .. studying law by any chance?
Hello Everyone :smile:

Im studying law but not living in halls im just a little concerned as I haven't heard anything from Reading since results day and I'm reading about how people have started enrolling online ...

Anyone else feeling the same ?
Reply 687
Hey there, you can start your online enrolment on the reading risis portal. It started since the 1st Sept and you need to do it before you get to reading. Just log in with your applicant username (on your emails from reading) and password which is your date of birth. And you should be sorted. Hope this helps you. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone studying psychology ?
Original post by rubyalice10
Hello! I've been accepted for Psychology and am staying in Childs Hall... anyone else?? :smile:

I'm doing psychology too 🙋🏻 but not staying in the halls
Original post by Axshaxx
I'm doing psychology too 🙋🏻 but not staying in the halls

Ah cool! I'm so nervous haha 😁😫
Ah cool! I'm so nervous haha 😁😫

Same here! 😭😭
I'm doing chemistry and will be in St Pats - I think I'll be in old court as I opted for quiet halls.

Anyone else doing chemistry or will be in St Pats?
Can someone explain to me what happens at Reading Welcome Week? Do the majority of people go on the 19th September and do people have to go or can they just choose to?? Also, whilst filling in my E-Induction I was asked about joining JCR... do I have to join that and does everybody join it? :h: Thanks!!
With online enrolment, is the type of accommodation in which you will be living during term time, private lodgings if you're staying in halls? I'm assuming it is but just wanted to make sure as I don't want to make a mistake.
Can someone explain to me what happens at Reading Welcome Week? Do the majority of people go on the 19th September and do people have to go or can they just choose to?? Also, whilst filling in my E-Induction I was asked about joining JCR... do I have to join that and does everybody join it? :h: Thanks!!

Welcome Week is where your evening events start and you also have the volunteering fair, the sports fair and the societies fair (where you sign up for everything). You choose whether you go to these, but I'd recommend going.

Sometimes you have to go to course related stuff during that first week as well.

You are supposed to pay your JCR fee, as it goes towards events and stuff that are put on for your halls. When I was in halls, we all paid it!
Original post by bumblebee342
Welcome Week is where your evening events start and you also have the volunteering fair, the sports fair and the societies fair (where you sign up for everything). You choose whether you go to these, but I'd recommend going.

Sometimes you have to go to course related stuff during that first week as well.

You are supposed to pay your JCR fee, as it goes towards events and stuff that are put on for your halls. When I was in halls, we all paid it!

Thanks, this is really helpful! 😄
I was wondering if anybody could help me? I was filling out my E-Induction and was told to purchase a JCR ticket, so I went onto the Reading Student Union website and bought the £25 'Childs Presents Freshers Festival' ticket. However, there was also a Childs Wristband to purchase for £50 as well. I didn't purchase the £50 Childs wristband, should I have?

I'm getting quite worried in case I bought the wrong thing so could someone please help, thanks! :smile::smile:
I was wondering if anybody could help me? I was filling out my E-Induction and was told to purchase a JCR ticket, so I went onto the Reading Student Union website and bought the £25 'Childs Presents Freshers Festival' ticket. However, there was also a Childs Wristband to purchase for £50 as well. I didn't purchase the £50 Childs wristband, should I have?

I'm getting quite worried in case I bought the wrong thing so could someone please help, thanks! :smile::smile:

Basically when you go on the RUSU website and go on 'Childs presents Freshers Festival' you can pay a £25 JCR fee and buy a £50 wristband.

The wristband is your entry for all the freshers events, but if you've paid the JCR fee, this will just go straight to a group in your halls who arrange events throughout the year! Paying that won't cover you in freshers
I paid the JCR fee for St Pats, but didn't get the wristband as I only want to go to a couple of events (freshers ball and the roller disco, because I'm sad lol). It was £25, but I noticed there was another fee at £30? It's all a bit confusing, and seems to be purposefully so to grab as much money as they can from people. That always puts me on the defensive and makes me wonder if it's worth it. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending