The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

**University of Reading - 2015 Applicants**

Scroll to see replies

do any of you know what accommodation is most popular with freshers? cos i know that they encourage 2nd years etc to stay in halls and i'd hate to be in halls with barely any first years. cos i was thinking of greenow and mccombie cos it's cheaper and i don't really need premium but because i heard its mainly 2nd years i'm kinda put off. i was thinking of mackinder even though it's so expensive because of that, what do you all think? oh and also do you know if most people get their first choice if they put the uni as their firm?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by RedFlamingo
Of course! I haven't booked yet, but I think the middle one (26th november)! What about you? Well done!!!:biggrin:xx

Thank you, you too! I booked for the 26th. Which have you gone for? I'm so nervous as Reading is my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by lalalalisha
do any of you know what accommodation is most popular with freshers? cos i know that they encourage 2nd years etc to stay in halls and i'd hate to be in halls with barely any first years. cos i was thinking of greenow and mccombie cos it's cheaper and i don't really need premium but because i heard its mainly 2nd years i'm kinda put off. i was thinking of mackinder even though it's so expensive because of that, what do you all think? oh and also do you know if most people get their first choice if they put the uni as their firm?

I kinda agree with what your saying actually and would be interested to see what sort of replies you get.

I was actually considering going back to Reading for an accommodation tour, I'm pretty sure it will be my firm choice so I think I'm going to have to give this a lot more thought.

Hopefully you get some decent replies because that could help a few of us!
Original post by JRHewett
I kinda agree with what your saying actually and would be interested to see what sort of replies you get.

I was actually considering going back to Reading for an accommodation tour, I'm pretty sure it will be my firm choice so I think I'm going to have to give this a lot more thought.

Hopefully you get some decent replies because that could help a few of us!

Haha I'm glad someone replied, I posted something similar somewhere else but didn't get any. And yeah I went to visit and stupidly didn't pay much attention to the halls though I remember liking mckinder but it's quite overpriced. if you go back for an accommodation tour let me know what you decide :smile: x
Reply 64
Original post by lalalalisha
Haha I'm glad someone replied, I posted something similar somewhere else but didn't get any. And yeah I went to visit and stupidly didn't pay much attention to the halls though I remember liking mckinder but it's quite overpriced. if you go back for an accommodation tour let me know what you decide :smile: x

Yeah same here! I mean I really liked the university especially the actual campus it seemed like a really nice place to go to university. I went on the accommodation tour and took a few photos, although I'm not sure of the name of the actual accommodation block. I posted a photo below of the one I liked, maybe someone will see this and be able to tell me which halls that is :P

I went to the open day in June last year so I've actually forgotten quite a lot about the accommodation. I'll probably attend one of the fortnightly campus tours in and around January so will definitely let you know! :redface: x

Edit: I've just seen the Bridges Halls and they look really nice! Just have to check whether they're intended for first years, I'm hoping so. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JRHewett
If you're applying for the University of Reading for 2015 entry feel free to join in with the thread!

I have applied and received a conditional offer to study Computer Science with an industrial year at Reading. What are you planning to study? :smile: (Sent off 23/10/14 --> Offer Received 30/10/14)

Also have you sent of your UCAS application? - If so.. any news?:biggrin:

Information on accommodation:

Spoiler

Connect to University of Reading here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.

Hi. I will be applying for the Spanish & Business course. Anyone else contemplating this course?
Hey all,

I firmed my choice for Finance and Investment Banking.
I applied on the 6th of Nov, and just got an offer to study Law!
The requirements are AAB.

Anyone else applied for Law too?
Original post by Professor Purple

If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS grades?
Original post by hannahh10
If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS grades?

Mediocre to say the least lmao. I think it was my personal statement that got me through, along with awards and extra curricular things.

Are you/have you applied for Law too?
Mediocre to say the least lmao. I think it was my personal statement that got me through, along with awards and extra curricular things.

Are you/have you applied for Law too?

Yeah, I hope to apply this week. I only got BBB at AS though. So i'm unsure if i'll actually get an offer haha. Is your offer AAB?

Meee I have an offer for Law and it's my first choice - I'm on a gap year and got in with A*,A and and Distinction* :biggrin:
What's your first choice uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I hope to apply this week. I only got BBB at AS though. So i'm unsure if i'll actually get an offer haha. Is your offer AAB?

Good luck with your application (law friends yay!) would reading be your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beingawallflower
Good luck with your application (law friends yay!) would reading be your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, if i get an offer then definitely :smile: have you got an offer? Good luck with yours too!
Yes, if i get an offer then definitely :smile: have you got an offer? Good luck with yours too!

I have indeed, I'm on a gap year so its definite - have you been to visit the campus? The law building is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have indeed, I'm on a gap year so its definite - have you been to visit the campus? The law building is awesome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! So is reading your first choice as well? No, sadly I haven't but i love reading as an area!
Congrats!! So is reading your first choice as well? No, sadly I haven't but i love reading as an area!

Yes it is! Here is a picture I took of the law building :biggrin: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415724880.965553.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it is! Here is a picture I took of the law building :biggrin: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1415724880.965553.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that's so pretty!! Really hoping i get an offer now haha
Got a conditional offer for Reading today! :smile:

They were really quick - 3 days!

Do you think that means the department was organised or that my application was strong?
Original post by Comeback
Got a conditional offer for Reading today! :smile:

They were really quick - 3 days!

Do you think that means the department was organised or that my application was strong?

When we went there they said they don't even read statements D: they automatically give an offer based on grades apparently! So probably organisation I'm afraid :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending