The Student Room Group
Reply 1
We had to pick ours on Monday. In the second year here its compulsory to do Land, and you have to do at least one of EC and Criminal and usually the other in the third year, along with Trusts. The remaining 60 credits are a free choice. I decided to do both EC and Criminal this year, to leave me more choice in the third year. For my spare 30 credits I decided on Evidence, simply because it sounded interesting! I expect the process all varies where you are, but I advise you to pick things that interest you and not just those that might fit well in a career plan. Some people here are picking horrible combinations of Tax and Insurance law by the sounds of things, urgh!
At my uni (Guildhall / London Met) we have the choice of three options for next year, to go along with the compulsory Criminal Offences, Law of Property, European Community law and Substansive Law of the EC.

My three options are going to be Civil Liberties, Immigration Law, and I'm undecided about whether or not to chose Child Law, or Environmental. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

Which Unis are you at?
Reply 3
Going into my second year. The compulsory modules are EU, Trusts, Criminal and Jurispridence.

Get to choose one option from: Agency and Domestic Sale of Goods, International Sale of Goods, Modern English Legal History and Law of Medicine.

Have opted for Agency and Domestic Sale of Goods.
Reply 4
I'm at Cardiff. We get a huge list of modules to choose from - ranging from Housing Law to Maritime Law or the Comparative Law of Religion!

http://www.cf.ac.uk/claws/course/ug/prospectus/llbdegree.html

Latest

Trending

Trending