The Student Room Group

Excessive Sweating!

Even when I walk to College in the mornings, I'm sweating like crazy and I'm looking for ways to help reduce my sweating, especially in my upper half.

1. I hear nervousness can cause people to sweat and I also hear exercise can cut out the nervousness sweating, I was thinking by doing the exercise in the morning could help reduce the problem, would this be correct?

2. I am 37 inches around the waist as well as being 183cm tall and I hoped by loosing 3 inches around the stomach would help me sweat less.

3. I’ve had diabetes since 1998 and recently haven’t been controlling it so well, could this be a factor in me sweating more!

I want control in my life again please help me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
go to the doctors and tell him/her about.
they will be able to help, they could give you something for it
Reply 2
37 inch waist = basically you're fat.

lose weight and you will sweat less
dont thik loosing weight is the thing. i sweat like mad even during the winter which i hate. i think i can fill 2 pint glass or more a day. i have a 30/31 inch waist well basically im not fat but dont know why this has always been my prob. my mate sweats on his palms. they are always wet as if he has washed them. its bad. is books r always wet. i feel it for him too. why why why its so i dunno. i hope i never had this prob cos it limits what i can wear etc.
Reply 4
Has no one seen the latest lynx advert??

(sorry not very helpful)
Reply 5
notts
37 inch waist = basically you're fat.

lose weight and you will sweat less

How quaint.
Reply 6
toto8462
Has no one seen the latest lynx advert??

(sorry not very helpful)

yes. its sickening.

anti-perspirants are gross anyway.

@clarence, sometimes people need someone to cut through the bull**** and give it to them straight.
Reply 7
im in pretty damn good shape with an excellent diet and im swety 24/7. some people just sweat alot haha
Reply 8
just t
im in pretty damn good shape with an excellent diet and im swety 24/7. some people just sweat alot haha

yes i know that, but the dude has given a reason y he might.
Reply 9
My stomach is pretty large at 37 inches, but as I'm fairly tall I'm not classed as being obese.

I never used to sweat this much (even 6 months ago) it's only recently it's become a problem.
Puberty has hit you.
Reply 11
Theres is a product called Driclor (which you can get over the counter in most pharmicists) which basically blocks the pores from allowing sweat to be released. It works and you only need to apply like twice (on consecutive nights, and wash off the following moniring) to have a lasting effect. Once you start sweating again then reuse it etc..
Its main ingredient is Aluminium Chloride but in a much higher concentration (much higher than that found in anti-perspirants)
hope this helps
Driclor.

Beat me to it! ^^
My mother used driclor...stopped her armpits sweating...made the rest of her sweat 10x more! lol It has to get out somehow!
I am in the same situation, even if it is freezing outside I sweat like mad as soon as i move...just walking is horrendous and I feel awful and have to shower around 5x a day because of it because I feel dirty.
Don't say I need to lose weight lol I have a 29inch waist so I think I am ok.
Reply 14
man.

i'm male, 178 cm, and wait is 42 inch.

IS that fat? i think overwight. But it's alot.
Odaban is good too, very similar to Driclor.
Reply 16
Annhydrol Forte :cool:
Reply 17
Can I ask does Driclor, make you sweat more in other places?
Reply 18
Nalced
man.

i'm male, 178 cm, and wait is 42 inch.

IS that fat? i think overwight. But it's alot.

uh, yeh.
thats pretty fat. im avout 178 too and have a 28 inch waist. (which admittedly is skinny)
Reply 19
Anonymous
Can I ask does Driclor, make you sweat more in other places?

How on Earth would that work? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending