The Student Room Group

Medical sciences at birmingham

Reply 1
Hi guys, couldn't find a thread for this so I created one! Sent my application on Tuesday as I'm also applying for medicine:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do this now if you have any questions :smile:
Reply 3
Hi! Thanks!! Do you know what are the usual offers which birmingham give for medical science ?? I know the requirements but what do they usually offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure it's AAB to include 2 sciences
Reply 5
When in the year did you apply and do you know when they start giving offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by georgiieeso
When in the year did you apply and do you know when they start giving offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied before the October 15th deadline. Then was invited to an applicant visit day in December, after which you're made an offer
Reply 7
Was medical sciences your first option ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was medical sciences your first option ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied with a Medicine personal statement, so in that sense no, but I ended up putting it as my firm. not sure if that answers your question?
Reply 9
That answers it perfectly! Because I applied for medical science as my fifth. Did you apply for medicine at birmingham too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That answers it perfectly! Because I applied for medical science as my fifth. Did you apply for medicine at birmingham too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

excellent. No I didn't, I changed my mind about applying a few days before the deadline because I knew I wouldn't make the grade in one subject. As long as your predicted grades are above AAB I'm pretty sure you'll get an offer.
Reply 11
Oh ok. Do you know anyone who applied for medicine and medical scences at birmingham ? I emailed the admissions team before I sent the application and they said I could do it. But I'm starting to wonder if i've put myself to a disadvantage now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok. Do you know anyone who applied for medicine and medical scences at birmingham ? I emailed the admissions team before I sent the application and they said I could do it. But I'm starting to wonder if i've put myself to a disadvantage now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know of one girl who had medicine as her firm and medical science as her insurance. Quite a lot of people do it just because it makes getting accommodation easier.
Reply 13
I got an offer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, is that without a visit day?
Reply 15
Yeah, without a visit. It's conditional if I keep it as my insurance but unconditional if I make it my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, without a visit. It's conditional if I keep it as my insurance but unconditional if I make it my firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome, I guess that makes it quite a good back up then really :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending