The Student Room Group

Would you share a room in halls in return for free food?

Scroll to see replies

No:
1. Need privacy
2. Can cook
No way. I need my space. I can't deal with people invading my bubble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I wouldn't mind if it were one of those rooms with the distinct spaces in like posters above have mentioned (UEA, in the ziggurats, right?) or a big enough twin that there could be some furniture shifting so that a little privacy could be created.

Yes it was UEA's ziggurats :smile:

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
same, can't possibly imagine sharing a room,
Hell no! My sister had to share in her first year and ended up with the room mate from hell. I need my privacy!
I'm sharing a room. Where's my free food?
I wouldn't do it under any circumstances at university. I value privacy, but more than privacy I value peace and quiet. I know some people are 'social study' types and manage to do work whilst in a group, but I'm about as far from that as can be. I need peace, quiet and solitude; I can't even work in 'quiet rooms' at the library.

I also like having my own space to put things in.
I did share a room in halls in my first year. But sadly I did not get any free food :frown:.
Reply 88
I wouldn't mind sharing. I was actually thinking of applying to a US university in which case it is probably the best option to share, considering the phenomenal costs. I'd rather have my own room but as long as my roomate isn't a slob or disgusting/unhygenic then It shouldn't be too bad.
Original post by shooks
The BBC is reporting that a number of first-year students have turned up to uni, only to find out they have to share a room in halls.

At Bristol University, first-years who were expecting a room of their own are instead sleeping in bunk beds with another fresher. To make up for it, they get free food and reduced rent.

What do you reckon? How important is your privacy? If you were told you could get all your meals for free and pay half the rent, would you be happy to share a room?

Sounds like my house, which is why I stay at home and commute :h:
Yes but not under those circumstances.

I'd also want a guarantee that my stuff is secure/well insured.

The small issue of bringing people back/using your hand comes into question too!!!

Quick Reply

Latest