The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA applications for 2015 entry

Just thought I'd see if there was anyone out there?

I'm thinking about starting to compile my application for the International Security Master.

I already have a BA and Master's but in unrelated subjects! However, I wrote to the admissions tutor and they said this wouldn't be a problem. They were really quick to respond and super helpful, actually.

Anyone have any experience of applying to/getting into PSIA with unrelated degrees?

What will you be applying for this year and with what background?

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

Glad i found this thread. I am thinking of applying for international development. I am still in my final year of under-graduation doing mass media and mass communication,which is not directly related to it. And have done internships in UN and media related fields.

I am a little skeptic whether i'l get into it with a 71% aggregate.

Can you tell me more about your background and your aggregate as well?

Reply 2
Hey! For international graduate admissions, for applicants from the UK, they require 'an official university certificate predicting that you are likely to obtain your diploma with upper second class honours'. Do you think referees mentioning in their recommendation letters that a 2:1 is achievable is sufficient or is an actual certificate required? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!
Reply 3
Hey!

I am a non UK applicant so do not require anything of this sort. I think you should email the admission office regarding this. They are really helpful!
Original post by rushii
Hey!

Glad i found this thread. I am thinking of applying for international development. I am still in my final year of under-graduation doing mass media and mass communication,which is not directly related to it. And have done internships in UN and media related fields.

I am a little skeptic whether i'l get into it with a 71% aggregate.

Can you tell me more about your background and your aggregate as well?

Hey :smile:

I'm not sure what my aggregate would be, I have a starred first BA (in literature) and I did a Master's in literature at Oxford, so this is a major change in direction for me, academically speaking.

I did a 6 month internship at the UN in Copenhagen and then managed to get a job there afterwards, I've been working there for a year now. So nervous about this whole application process!
Reply 5
I can completely understand the 'nervous' part. I have heard that you should keep your SOP really strong. After that maybe the internships.
Hope this might helped you in anyway :smile:

PS: do you have any idea about the number of seats in PSIA?
I'm applying too! Just sent my application for international public management in today. Anyone have any idea how long they take to get back to us?
Reply 7
Hi everybody! Nice to meet some other people applying for Sciences Po for next year. I applied in November for Human Rights and Humanitarian Actions and I was contacted today to say my application has been successful. You all sound like very strong candidates and I'm sure you have a great chance. I graduated in 2013 and I've been working as an English teacher since then with some work experience in the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs but it doesn't sound like much to some of your experiences. Good luck everybody - hope to meet some of you in September :smile:
Reply 8
Congrats, you must be delighted and this is a fast turnaround for SciePo. Christmas has come early for you. Are you French and is SP's HRHA your first choice?

Original post by domlaaa
Hi everybody! Nice to meet some other people applying for Sciences Po for next year. I applied in November for Human Rights and Humanitarian Actions and I was contacted today to say my application has been successful. You all sound like very strong candidates and I'm sure you have a great chance. I graduated in 2013 and I've been working as an English teacher since then with some work experience in the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs but it doesn't sound like much to some of your experiences. Good luck everybody - hope to meet some of you in September :smile:
Original post by domlaaa

Congrats domlaaa! That's incredible! Do they send you an email, or do we have to keep checking the portal?
Reply 10
Dolmaa congrats! So your waiting period has ended and how! :smile:
I submitted my application just yesterday. I just needed to ask one thing. I have rounded off my percentage in the CV. Have i done a blunder or will it be fine with them? Because i got a minor panic attack after i realised that i have signed the declaration of truthfulness at the end.
Does anyone have any idea about this? :O
Reply 11
Thank you everybody. I'm English but have been living in Paris since August 2013. SP is my first (and at the moment, only) choice. I have still been looking for other things in Paris and in Madrid but I'm a little more relaxed about it now I have a place at SP.

I received an e-mail in early December saying my file was 'admissible' and was being forwarded to the admissions tutors and then yesterday I received the results from them in an e-mail too, then checked the portal just to make sure, because like some of you have said, it seemed like quite a quick turnaround.

rushii - I don't know about percentages or averaging them etc. because I've already graduated and have exact grades and my final transcripts to send, sorry. I imagine they expect you to round off the average though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Thanks a ton domlaa! I think i can tell my brain to relax a bit now :smile:
Reply 13
Hello, everyone! I also applied for Master in International Public Management at PSIA Sciences Po and got a place finally. :smile:

I am still waiting for a result for the dual degee with LSE though.

I am from Korea and glad that I can have a chance to study in Europe. Hope to see all of you guys in France next year!!
Got my 'admissable' email, woohoo! Apparently I'll get the final decision in mid-January. This does seem very efficient for Sciences Po...maybe the chaos of admissions and scholarships in the last few years is over?
This is excellent news before Christmas, The "admissible" status is the final hurdle and from there it takes only a few weeks. I am impressed that you avoided the vacation delay. Well done.
Reply 16
Hi All,

So glad to have found a thread related to Sciences Po!

I had applied to their International Development Program back in Nov. (13th). I received my admit mail on the 11th of Dec itself.

So hoping to see a lot of you there in the Fall!
Reply 17
Original post by pbk
Hi All,

So glad to have found a thread related to Sciences Po!

I had applied to their International Development Program back in Nov. (13th). I received my admit mail on the 11th of Dec itself.

So hoping to see a lot of you there in the Fall!

Hey!
Congrats for securing a place! :smile:
I have applied for the same course and received the 'admissible' mail three days back.
You mind telling me a bit about your background? :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by rushii
Hey!
Congrats for securing a place! :smile:
I have applied for the same course and received the 'admissible' mail three days back.
You mind telling me a bit about your background? :smile:

Hi,

So I am finishing off an Integrated Masters in Econ with a minor in Dev Policy in India. My grades are not that great. CGPA is 8.6/10 (roughly 82-84%). Ive worked for a min of 12 weeks every year since 2010 on different sectors/themes of development (from Tibetan refugees, worked in rural areas on evaluating government schemes, worked in urban slums on urban government schemes, worked with the government on social entrepreneurship, healthcare, education) either through NGOs or Professors.

What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by pbk
Hi,

So I am finishing off an Integrated Masters in Econ in India. My grades are not that great. CGPA is 8.6/10 (roughly 82-84%). Ive worked for a min of 12 weeks every year since 2010 on different sectors/themes of development (from Tibetan refugees, worked in rural areas on evaluating government schemes, worked in urban slums on urban government schemes, worked with the government on social entrepreneurship, healthcare, education) either through NGOs or Professors.

What about you?

Hey!
I am also from India and am still in my final year of graduation pursuing mass media and mass communication. You seem to have a lot of experience! I have just done a few internships in government and private media houses and am volunteering for UN from past 4 months. Your cgpa sounds great! my aggregate has always oscillated between 70-72% :wink:
So thats pretty much it. Just Hoping to hear some good news in coming days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending