The Student Room Group

Gap Year Medic Applicant

I have decided to do a gap year and re-apply again next year after having dreadful AS-Level results.However,I am still intending on applying to BioMed (which allows transfers to medicine)! Is this a good idea?I'm worried that when I apply next year for medicine,they will think that they will think I would've wanted to do Biomed in the first place but I know medicine has always been a dream of mine
Original post by ghost_rebel
I have decided to do a gap year and re-apply again next year after having dreadful AS-Level results.However,I am still intending on applying to BioMed (which allows transfers to medicine)! Is this a good idea?I'm worried that when I apply next year for medicine,they will think that they will think I would've wanted to do Biomed in the first place but I know medicine has always been a dream of mine

I don't quite follow you. You're taking a gap year and reapplying to medicine? Are you starting your A2? Are you going to apply to medicine or just biomed?
Original post by Neostigmine
I don't quite follow you. You're taking a gap year and reapplying to medicine? Are you starting your A2? Are you going to apply to medicine or just biomed?

Sorry,think I over-complicated it haha!Basically,I was just wondering if it would be contradictory applying to biomedical science this year and then apply to medicine next year,if I get AAA at A2?
Original post by ghost_rebel
Sorry,think I over-complicated it haha!Basically,I was just wondering if it would be contradictory applying to biomedical science this year and then apply to medicine next year,if I get AAA at A2?

No that's totally fine. It's harder if you start biomed and apply while at uni, but if you take a gap year then that's totally fine :smile:
Original post by Neostigmine
No that's totally fine. It's harder if you start biomed and apply while at uni, but if you take a gap year then that's totally fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending