The Student Room Group

WHere can I self teach myself further maths ?

I already do biology, chemistry, physics and AS single maths but I am really enjoying AS single maths and I want to do further maths. The further maths support group is useless as that is for schools , not individuals who ant to do further maths privately. What websites offer further maths privately ?
Reply 1
Hi!
I'm self-teaching A level further maths. I'm doing edexcel so I just do the textbooks in order (it is brilliant) and if I don't understand something I look at the solutions in the CD. I may also use www.examsolutions.net although I find the videos a bit long and boring.
If you have any questions I'll be glad to help :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I also use edexcel: ) .How do you register for the further maths exams.
Ask your colleges exams office if you can pay to sit the further maths exams they should allow you. I'm self teaching as level maths I'm actually enjoying too im taking the exam at my own college as a private candidate. Plus if you pay for it else where I heard they raise the prices to £75 pound per exam from what my friend told me in your own college it should be £30 pound per paper. PEACE!!! (I've always wanted to end a sentence like that haha score) Good luck anyway.
£75 per paper not exam sorry.
Reply 5
Original post by aersh8
Hi!
I'm self-teaching A level further maths. I'm doing edexcel so I just do the textbooks in order (it is brilliant) and if I don't understand something I look at the solutions in the CD. I may also use www.examsolutions.net although I find the videos a bit long and boring.

Are you self teaching the full a level in one year?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I just saw your post. I asked my exams officer to register me along with all my other exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by sr-96
Are you self teaching the full a level in one year?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No because I'm doing 6 A levels along with it so I wouldn't want to spend too much time with it :-) I would have done AS last year but our school's headmaster freaked everyone out about how hard a level maths is so at the beginning of the year I thought that further maths would be absolutely impossible, although turns out it's not any harder than the normal maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
I already do biology, chemistry, physics and AS single maths but I am really enjoying AS single maths and I want to do further maths. The further maths support group is useless as that is for schools , not individuals who ant to do further maths privately. What websites offer further maths privately ?

http://www.m4ths.com/ http://www.hegartymaths.com/ Haven't ever had to self teach but both of these websites provide some quite useful content.

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

If you speak to either your form tutor to ask about it or to the exams officer at your school they will be able to sort it out.
Reply 9
Original post by aersh8
No because I'm doing 6 A levels along with it so I wouldn't want to spend too much time with it :-) I would have done AS last year but our school's headmaster freaked everyone out about how hard a level maths is so at the beginning of the year I thought that further maths would be absolutely impossible, although turns out it's not any harder than the normal maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I thought it would be impossible judging by what people had told me. I regret not taking as fm last year. So are you doing the AS? Good luck with that!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
lets blast off to a whole new dimension

​In your bedroom.
Reply 11
Original post by sr-96
I know I thought it would be impossible judging by what people had told me. I regret not taking as fm last year. So are you doing the AS? Good luck with that!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! My school doesn't even offer fm, so initially I just started out of curiosity as to how "scary" an a level can be :P turned out pretty straight forward after all (I've done 2/3 modules already) so you still have ample time to at least give it a shot

Posted from TSR Mobile
I self taught FM in a year, was fine! Had a really helpful maths teach who have up his time to help me out if and when I needed it, it's worth asking a maths teacher you get along well with if they will go through things you find hard, even maybe offer to pay for their time.
Original post by aersh8
Hi!

This is the best website for learning maths

Quick Reply

Latest