The Student Room Group

Bulking with alergies- 18 yrs old, 54 kg- HELP

I am 18, male, 5ft 8 and 54kg, don't eat pork, I am allergic to excess sugar (can't even eat corn flakes or chocolate) and artificial sweeteners due to it triggering/ increasing psoriasis and can't very eat oily foods nor can I eat nuts like peanut butter because it makes my psoraisis worse.

I can eat
Meat
vegs, pulses
rice
pasta
hemp protein shakes - but if I take too much ill poo a lot -
milk - i can do but it gives me loads of acne
and others

Are there any foods you recommend I can eat and crucially how much to bulk up?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Right place? No replies? You all busy lifting? Help a fella out?
Reply 2
+500 calories to maintenance

Eat lots of meat.
Ok from your stats assuming light activity:

Id say stick a consistent 2300 cals a day.

get around 60g fat, 100g protein and 20g fibre and fill the rest with carbs.

If your not gaining weight then add in around 150 cal a week till you do.

Train heavy(For yourself) Focus on increasing your strength if you lift 10kg your first week make sure you push that to 15kg your second and so forth. At your weight you will probably gain lots of strength very fast with a surplus of calories.

If your a chronic skinny guy who cant gain weight no matter how much you eat track everything you eat and make sure u get your 2300 calories a day, use Myfitnesspal.

GL
Reply 4
Original post by tomtjl
+500 calories to maintenance

Eat lots of meat.

Original post by Akbar2k7
Ok from your stats assuming light activity:

Id say stick a consistent 2300 cals a day.

get around 60g fat, 100g protein and 20g fibre and fill the rest with carbs.

If your not gaining weight then add in around 150 cal a week till you do.

Train heavy(For yourself) Focus on increasing your strength if you lift 10kg your first week make sure you push that to 15kg your second and so forth. At your weight you will probably gain lots of strength very fast with a surplus of calories.

If your a chronic skinny guy who cant gain weight no matter how much you eat track everything you eat and make sure u get your 2300 calories a day, use Myfitnesspal.

GL

Thanks are there any specific foods you recommend? Which was more of what I meant :smile:
Doesnt matter if it fit your macros eat it and your micros.
Reply 6
Original post by Akbar2k7
Doesn't matter if it fit your macros eat it and your micros.

What are micros and macros?
And if you eat unhealthy food to bulk is it bad / different to clean bulking?
You can literally eat everything that is required to bulk.

Come on now. Use some research skills and read stickies or whatnot.

Eat potatoes and meat every meal. 10 meals a day. You will gain weight. You're welcome.
Reply 8
Original post by Michael XYZ
You can literally eat everything that is required to bulk.

Come on now. Use some research skills and read stickies or whatnot.

Eat potatoes and meat every meal. 10 meals a day. You will gain weight. You're welcome.

I don't have time to eat 10 meals a day though? If i'm in lectures etc and I have to take into account pooing as well.
Any healthy protein shakes etc? :smile:
Also what is macro and micro?
Eat in lectures. Eat whilst pooing.

Be a solver of problems. Not a creator.
Reply 10

rofl +rep
Reply 11

Original post by DH.
rofl +rep

Can you give me serious solutions please, it's hard to even imagine my weight and see girls who are bigger than me :frown:
Can't you just add 3 whey protein shakes to your typical daily diet? If you want to bulk then consume at least 3000kcal/day. Also you don't mention eggs which are v good protein. Start with minimum weight (empty bar) to get used to the technique for exercises, add ~2.5kg each workout, when you get to the point you can't to the exercise then try and again. Don't do cardio, will undermine bulking. Probably missed some stuff but try that and see how you get on.

Don't waste time with bicep curls or other isolation exercises, that's for when you've already got bulk. Work on big exercises like squats and deadlifts which use your whole body or lots of muscles at once, legs are veeerrry important to work. Bench press, all that stuff you can do too.

Good luck!
Original post by kumon
Can you give me serious solutions please, it's hard to even imagine my weight and see girls who are bigger than me :frown:

My serious response is that you can still eat MANY foods. Thus, eat those in a large quantity to gain weight. What's the issue?

Yes, sugary products or nuts are the quickest way to get in calories but you can certainly eat meats and rice and potatoes and pasta and whatever else to gain weight.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
My serious response is that you can still eat MANY foods. Thus, eat those in a large quantity to gain weight. What's the issue?

Yes, sugary products or nuts are the quickest way to get in calories but you can certainly eat meats and rice and potatoes and pasta and whatever else to gain weight.

how many calories does 1 potato and a bowl of pasta give me? :smile:
Is brown or white better?

Also what is micro and macro?
Depends on the weight of said potato and pasta

Who cares as long as you eat at least your 5 a day?

Micronutrient - anything that isn't a carb, fibre, protein or fat. Vitamins, minerals etc

Macronutrient - carb, fibre, protein, fat
Original post by kumon
how many calories does 1 potato and a bowl of pasta give me? :smile:
Is brown or white better?

Also what is micro and macro?

Potato gives you 327, pasta 263.

White power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
Potato gives you 327, pasta 263.

White power.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that with skin on and cooked? :smile:
You mean whey?
Original post by kumon
You mean whey?

With the skin off and uncooked.
Original post by kumon
You mean whey?

Tbh I wouldn't get obsessed over calorie counting right now. Just increase your fault food in take by 10% and you'll start putting on weight. Make every meal a small amount bigger.

There are no magic secrets or tricks.

I went from 63 to 88kg . Simple

Quick Reply