The Student Room Group

Do my courses allow me to study what I want in University?

I have been attending college for almost 2 months now and am currently studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Medical Science and AS Psychology. My teachers have already told me to start thinking about what I want to do in the future. In the beginning I was unaware however after taking a quiz on UKCourseFinder, I was directed to choosing a course related to Dentistry or Optometry.

Now this is my concern as I have been told my college courses DO NOT allow me to pick these as undergraduate courses. But after skimming through the UCAS course finder and reading up on Dentistry courses at a number of universities, including Queen Mary University, I am quite confused. Under entry requirements it is listed that they don't accept BTEC National Diploma, which I have been told is different from my BTEC course.

Does this mean that I can apply for Dentistry with my current college courses?

This is my only source for inormation.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Try emailing the universities admissions team :smile: They'll be able to tell you exactly what they accept and what grades they expect for applicants. BTEC's might confuse it a little (since I assume most people will apply with A levels) but they'll be able to tell you if they accept them or not.

Quick Reply

Latest