The Student Room Group

EY Scholarship 2015

Hi, noticed that there wasn't a thread for this so thought I would start one

I've just been accepted on to the next stage of the application process for the EY Scholarship which is the assessment centre and I was wondering if anyone with experience/someone who knows a little more could give me some more info as to what actually happens at this stage and how to best prepare for it?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JPD96
Hi, noticed that there wasn't a thread for this so thought I would start one

I've just been accepted on to the next stage of the application process for the EY Scholarship which is the assessment centre and I was wondering if anyone with experience/someone who knows a little more could give me some more info as to what actually happens at this stage and how to best prepare for it?

Thanks

Hey mate,

I've also applied. I can't believe they're going to confirm which date I'll be on this Thursday, when the AC will either be this Friday 24th Oct or on Mon 3rd Nov. If my AC is on the next day that's a bit crazy. Really bad organisation on their part aha.

Do you know exactly what the AC will consist of? Case Study, Group Exercise, and Partner Interview?
Reply 2
Original post by junaid1786
Hey mate,

I've also applied. I can't believe they're going to confirm which date I'll be on this Thursday, when the AC will either be this Friday 24th Oct or on Mon 3rd Nov. If my AC is on the next day that's a bit crazy. Really bad organisation on their part aha.

Do you know exactly what the AC will consist of? Case Study, Group Exercise, and Partner Interview?

How do you know its thursday? All they told me was sometime this week.
Yh those three things and then theres a repeat of the psychometric tests as well- I think it goes in the order of group exercise, individual tests and then interview. How are you preparing?
Reply 3
Original post by JPD96
Yh those three things and then theres a repeat of the psychometric tests as well- I think it goes in the order of group exercise, individual tests and then interview. How are you preparing?

There's no fixed order I think. You'll have an individual timetable and you'll have to manage your own time.
(that's the norm anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Squirb
There's no fixed order I think. You'll have an individual timetable and you'll have to manage your own time.
(that's the norm anyway)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thanks. How are you preparing? Any other tips
Reply 5
Original post by JPD96
Ah ok thanks. How are you preparing? Any other tips

I'm second year and applying for an industrial placement with them. Got my interview in two weeks. Have you looked on wiki jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Squirb
I'm second year and applying for an industrial placement with them. Got my interview in two weeks. Have you looked on wiki jobs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh Ive had a skim read through but going to look through it properly tomorrow
Original post by JPD96

I emailed them back asking when I'll get a reply and they said it's by this Thursday. Haven't really prepared yet considering I got the confirmation a couple of days ago.
Reply 8
I emailed them back asking when I'll get a reply and they said it's by this Thursday. Haven't really prepared yet considering I got the confirmation a couple of days ago.

Crap just assumed since they hadn't emailed be by 5pm today mine would be on 3rd November- that's really bad planning on their part and doesn't give us enough time to prepare at all? Do you know what's going to come up in the partner interview? I know there's guides and stuff online but I don't know if it's slightly different for us because everyone else who gets to partner interview stage has already had an interview whereas this is our first and only interview so might cover a wider range of areas?
Original post by JPD96
Crap just assumed since they hadn't emailed be by 5pm today mine would be on 3rd November- that's really bad planning on their part and doesn't give us enough time to prepare at all? Do you know what's going to come up in the partner interview? I know there's guides and stuff online but I don't know if it's slightly different for us because everyone else who gets to partner interview stage has already had an interview whereas this is our first and only interview so might cover a wider range of areas?

Exactly, I don't know how they'll choose who'll be assigned to each assessment centre. I thought we'd get told much earlier so I mentioned that I'd prefer the earlier date aha.
Yeah, I assume it would be somewhat different at our stage, so I guess we'll have to be a bit cautious. I'm thinking the application structure may have changed as well this year, maybe there was a first interview for Scholar's before, and now they've taken that out.
Hi All,

I hope you all get places on the scholarship programme - it's a great opportunity! If any of you want more information on what the application process is like or what they're testing you/what the internships would be like etc have a look through these reviews and find out. http://goo.gl/A7PvKW

Good luck :smile:

Felicity
Reply 11
Exactly, I don't know how they'll choose who'll be assigned to each assessment centre. I thought we'd get told much earlier so I mentioned that I'd prefer the earlier date aha.
Yeah, I assume it would be somewhat different at our stage, so I guess we'll have to be a bit cautious. I'm thinking the application structure may have changed as well this year, maybe there was a first interview for Scholar's before, and now they've taken that out.

Have you been told when yours is yet? You're in Birmingham right, so don't you have to arrange travel/accommodation in advance or do they do that for you?
Original post by JPD96
Have you been told when yours is yet? You're in Birmingham right, so don't you have to arrange travel/accommodation in advance or do they do that for you?

The programme is only for London, so yeah I'll be in London for the AC as well. 1 More London Place. I haven't been told where mine is. I'll have to arrange travel in advance, so that'll be interesting if I get tomorrow's date :cool:
Original post by JPD96

Got the email a bit of time ago, mine is tomorrow :eek: No time to prepare aha, and if I am to accept their accommodation, I'll have to travel out there tonight. I'll have to sort out my own travel though in that case. This is so loong, and leaves no room for prep.I guess it'll test my ability to prepare for an AC in a day though aha.
Reply 14
Got the email a bit of time ago, mine is tomorrow :eek: No time to prepare aha, and if I am to accept their accommodation, I'll have to travel out there tonight. I'll have to sort out my own travel though in that case. This is so loong, and leaves no room for prep.I guess it'll test my ability to prepare for an AC in a day though aha.

They haven't told me yet I'm getting really pissed now. Do you think they're doing it on purpose so that we are unprepared- it's hard to believe such a big company could be so inefficient
Original post by JPD96
They haven't told me yet I'm getting really pissed now. Do you think they're doing it on purpose so that we are unprepared- it's hard to believe such a big company could be so inefficient

You got anything yet aha? I doubt you'll be getting anything since it's this late. I think it is by purpose, especially since they haven't told you the date of yours - I think they'll do the same with you.
Reply 16
This is for Year 13 Students right? So students who start university in September / October 2015 ?
Original post by jack97
This is for Year 13 Students right? So students who start university in September / October 2015 ?

Yes that's right :smile: have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by cookiemonster212
Yes that's right :smile: have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not yet. Do you know if your allowed to apply to risk assurance and technology, or can you only apply to one of them ?
Reply 19
Has anybody been to the assessment centre and found out the outcome yet? What kind of questions in the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending