The Student Room Group

2nd year Zoology Problem!

Hi, I need some help with how I should structure my extra time/reading. My Uni recommends 2-3 hours for every hour of lecture but I am not quite sure how I should structure this time now.

So far I have been using and revising the lecture slides and material and using references at the end to add extra info. I have some recommended text books but this is where I think I trip up.

I do not learn much from consistently reading large amounts of text from text books and am more of an active and visual learner. I have auditory processing disorder and do learn more when listening to information rather than reading it.

I worry because maybe people on my course are reading through them frequently and attaining information with ease. Also if I were to read through a text book I have no idea how much time I should dedicate to each lecture with text book reading and I do not want to start reading things I do not need to know.

I was wondering if anyone can give me advice as to how I should structure my extra time/work. Also if anyone can tell me how they use their extra time that would be helpful and much appreciated :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending