The Student Room Group

Stressedd out!! Idk if I'm making the right decision.

Hey guys in AS I achieved AAB and I am currently applying for uni of Nottingham (AAB), university of kent(AAB), university of Sheffield (AAB), university of Loughborough (AAB-ABB), and UEA (abb) to do psychology.
uea is my backup but I'm thinking should I aim lower like BBB?I'm really scared I will flop this year... I'm the sort of person to get c/b in mocks sometimes a. i just wanted to know what u guys think my backup grade requirement should be??
Reply 1
Yeah always have a choice where the requirement is low but you don't mind going there.
Reply 2
Dont ever aim low, you have pretty good AS grades there shouldnt be a reason you wouldnt do well this year, stop stressing and just work hard and for just a backup it probably would be BBC or BBB. But good luck :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by Beta14
Dont ever aim low, you have pretty good AS grades there shouldnt be a reason you wouldnt do well this year, stop stressing and just work hard and for just a backup it probably would be BBC or BBB. But good luck :wink:

Ha thank you this made me feel a bit better, I will do bbb instead of abb as backup then, I'm thinking Essex or Nottingham trent?..
Good luckto you too!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nats927
Ha thank you this made me feel a bit better, I will do bbb instead of abb as backup then, I'm thinking Essex..
Good luckto you too!

Aim higher so even if you dont get to the highest youre still in that high category, i haven't heard much about essex so i wouldnt know
If you got AAB at AS you can probably be fairly confident of offers from all the unis you mentioned. Perhaps swap one of the ones requiring AAB (e.g. Kent, Loughborough, etc.) but you don't love as much as the others and replace it with one requiring BBB? That way, you have the option of either a high insurance choice (UEA) or a low one (Essex). You can wait until closer to exams before you need to finally decide on your firm/ insurance choices - by which point you will have more of an idea if you are going to get good or bad grades :smile:

Personally, my insurance choice was exactly the same grades as my firm, because I was feeling confident that I would meet the grades. If you are feeling less confident, then somewhere asking for perhaps one or two grades lower at AS would be a good bet (e.g. ABB/ BBB) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by dragonkeeper999
If you got AAB at AS you can probably be fairly confident of offers from all the unis you mentioned. Perhaps swap one of the ones requiring AAB (e.g. Kent, Loughborough, etc.) but you don't love as much as the others and replace it with one requiring BBB? That way, you have the option of either a high insurance choice (UEA) or a low one (Essex). You can wait until closer to exams before you need to finally decide on your firm/ insurance choices - by which point you will have more of an idea if you are going to get good or bad grades :smile:

Personally, my insurance choice was exactly the same grades as my firm, because I was feeling confident that I would meet the grades. If you are feeling less confident, then somewhere asking for perhaps one or two grades lower at AS would be a good bet (e.g. ABB/ BBB) :smile:

Oooo i like this idea however i wouldnt know which to remove- loughborough or sheffield? Which would u recommend and why?
Original post by nats927
Oooo i like this idea however i wouldnt know which to remove- loughborough or sheffield? Which would u recommend and why?

Both are pretty good unis I believe, so keep whichever one you prefer? Have you had a chance to visit them all yet? If not, have a look in more detail at the course details etc. on their websites - for example one might offer a year abroad or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending