The Student Room Group

Economics applicants and offers

Anyone applying for economics got their offers yet? I applied on Tuesday but I have not got a single offer yet.

Scroll to see replies

It will take another two weeks at least
Original post by sunnydespair
It will take another two weeks at least

Well that is to be expected, but I was wondering if anyone was lucky enough to get an early offer. :tongue:
Reply 3
Nothing for me yet, although a lot of my friends seem to be getting offers for other subjects.
Where have you applied to?
Reply 5
Original post by TheVIllageGeek
Where have you applied to?

Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Surrey, Exeter.
How about you?
Reply 6
I am studying for Joint honours of Politics and Economics at LSE, UCL, Kings, Surrey and Sheffield.

I have a conditional from Surrey and Sheffield so far :smile:
Original post by Carpy
Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Surrey, Exeter.
How about you?

Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Queen Mary's
got mine from Warwick yesterday, i sent in my ucas form last sunday!
Reply 9
Original post by HangeeTw
got mine from Warwick yesterday, i sent in my ucas form last sunday!

Congrats! Must be a relief to have an offer already:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else?
I'm applying to Cam, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey. I will have to wait until after Christmas to hear back from Cam, LSE, UCL. Warwick could be soon or it could be around the same time. Aaaand quite frankly I'm not fussed about Surrey.

So annoying. Right now I want an offer to motivate me to do school work. I feel like whats the point working now because I could just get rejections!haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying to Bristol, Nottingham, Exeter, Edinburgh & Manchester. No offers as of yet
Applying to Oxford, LSE, Warwick, Bath and Bristol. Received an offer from Bath in 4 days (including a weekend) and Bristol in just under 2 weeks.
Original post by 789tom789
Applying to Oxford, LSE, Warwick, Bath and Bristol. Received an offer from Bath in 4 days (including a weekend) and Bristol in just under 2 weeks.

Starting to wish I applied to Bath instead of Surrey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Starting to wish I applied to Bath instead of Surrey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me it was between Warwick and Surrey. I chose Bath because of the excellent placement year, i love the town (and rugby club) and it's reputation. Also i live 20 minutes away from Surrey University and that's too close :wink:
Original post by 789tom789
For me it was between Warwick and Surrey. I chose Bath because of the excellent placement year, i love the town (and rugby club) and it's reputation. Also i live 20 minutes away from Surrey University and that's too close :wink:

Yeah I live close to Surrey. Tbh i picked it as a back up! If i had picked bath i would mind going there, i doubt i would accept surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by EHZ17
I'm applying to Cam, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Surrey. I will have to wait until after Christmas to hear back from Cam, LSE, UCL.
Posted from TSR Mobile

How come LSE and UCL only give out offers after Christmas?:redface:
Original post by mwatters
How come LSE and UCL only give out offers after Christmas?:redface:

Not sure, I would imagine so they can see all their applicants and pick the best ones. This is usually the case for Economics, lots of very strong applicants only just get in in January and February. I've spent a bit of time looking at the 2014 applications thread.
Original post by EHZ17
Not sure, I would imagine so they can see all their applicants and pick the best ones. This is usually the case for Economics, lots of very strong applicants only just get in in January and February. I've spent a bit of time looking at the 2014 applications thread.

This isn't necessarily true, i've been told by an admissions tutor at LSE that he's reviewing my application and i will have a decision by next Tuesday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending