The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdgarAllanPoe
I am waiting too. I'm applying for law so I hope all the spaces don't fill up!

Let's just pray together.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by sdf1444
It does say the entry requirement for Biology is between 260-320 ucas points.

Yeah, suppose.
Hi everyone,

It's great that you are all considering Bangor University as a choice, have you been to an Open Day yet? Is there anything we can help you with?

Sera (Bangor University Student Rep)
I've applied for lit and creative writing--heard nothing yet, predicted AAA.
Does Bangor send application acknowledgement emails? I know some universities don't, but I sent my application out 2 days ago, heard back from 2 yesterday and 2 today but I'm still waiting on Bangor's acknowledgement. I'm just wondering if it's just taking them a bit longer to acknowledge mine or if they just don't send acknowledgement emails..
I received an acknowledgement e mail from Bangor on Friday Morning at *:30 am after i submitted my form on Thursday ! super quick !
Hi Lilyghz,

We do send out application acknowledgement emails within a few days of you sending your application - keep an eye out! If you don't get anything through in a couple more days let us know and we can look into that for you.

What courses have you all applied for? :smile:

Ffion (Bangor University Official Rep)
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi Lilyghz,

We do send out application acknowledgement emails within a few days of you sending your application - keep an eye out! If you don't get anything through in a couple more days let us know and we can look into that for you.

Thank you! That's good to know. I have applied for psychology and if I don't get an acknowledgement email within a few days I'll let you know :smile: thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for 4 courses !!! All sport related :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi Lilyghz,

Uh oh I'm starting to panic a little. I applied to Bangor on the 24th Oct, and i haven't had an acknowledgement :s i applied for Adult Nursing. Would you suggest i call or email someone?
Reply 30
Oh really? :s-smilie: . I sent my application out at the start of October and haven't received an acknowledgement?
I've applied for Nursing.
Original post by Kay292
Uh oh I'm starting to panic a little. I applied to Bangor on the 24th Oct, and i haven't had an acknowledgement :s i applied for Adult Nursing. Would you suggest i call or email someone?

I'm not a rep from the uni but perhaps it depends on the course? My friend applied to UCL for history and Russian and didn't get her acknowledgement until 4 weeks later :/ but I hope the official bangor rep confirms this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay292
Oh really? :s-smilie: . I sent my application out at the start of October and haven't received an acknowledgement?
I've applied for Nursing.

Hi Kay292,

You don't need to panic or worry about this.

Nursing applications are dealt with by the school itself (a little different to other courses) so this is why you wouldn't have received the same sort of email as other students would have.

We will confirm this with the relevant people and get you some more information for Monday.

If there is anything else please don't hesitate to ask - feel free to message us if you have any questions!

Ffion and Sera (Bangor University Official Reps)
How long on average does it take to get an offer after you have received acknowledgement of your application?:smile:
Original post by Lancaster AR
How long on average does it take to get an offer after you have received acknowledgement of your application?:smile:

Hi Lancaster AR,

Normally, only a few weeks after you have received acknowledgement, but it does depend on which course you have applied for :smile:

If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sera (Bangor Uni, Official Student Rep)
Haven't received an acknowledgement email from bangor after a week.. Should I be concerned? I'm applying for Psychology, btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an offer for Psychology. :biggrin:

Bangor is my first choice.
Original post by Lilyghz
Haven't received an acknowledgement email from bangor after a week.. Should I be concerned? I'm applying for Psychology, btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

No, you don't need to be concerned. If you haven't had an acknowledgement by the end of this week, contact the admissions team, but it does usually take a couple of weeks.

If you are still worried contact us via our website and we will look into this for you.

Sera (Bangor Uni Official Rep)
Hi everyone,

Regarding receiving acknowledgements emails, if you have applied for Nursing or Radiography, you will not receive a correspondence email, you will hear directly from the departments themselves. Therefore this might take slightly longer.

Thanks

Sera (Bangor Uni Official Student Rep)
I'm applying to do Diagnostic Radiography in Bangor but I'd be at the Wrexham campus

Quick Reply

Latest