The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Quantum2123
lol well I applied on the 24th nov. so early days yet XD I got AAB at AS-level and I am predicted AAB and A in the Welsh Baccalaureate, Imight see ya next year :biggrin: ... is it your first choice ? where else have you applied to ? :biggrin:

Gosh, you did so well 👏👏 Soon done you'll be get that "something's changed on your ucas" email :biggrin:
It wasn't my first choice but it's looking like it might end up being the one.
I applied to Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham, Newcastle and ofc Bangor :biggrin:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Auds
Gosh, you did so well ������������ Soon done you'll be get that "something's changed on your ucas" email :biggrin:
It wasn't my first choice but it's looking like it might end up being the one.
I applied to Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham, Newcastle and ofc Bangor :biggrin:

hahahXD thank you!! :biggrin: well you predicted correct, they sent me an offer tonight!!! :biggrin: awhhh they are awesome unis :biggrin: i havent applied to any of them, just Bangor in common:P :biggrin: i have applied to liverpool, cardiff, manchester + york :biggrin:
Reply 62
2 months ago we'd have 4 unis in common with Cardiff being the exception :biggrin: but things change don't they? :smile:
Manchester had been one of my options but I realised I didnt want to spend more time in manchester than i have already so.. :biggrin:
Original post by Auds
2 months ago we'd have 4 unis in common with Cardiff being the exception :biggrin: but things change don't they? :smile:
Manchester had been one of my options but I realised I didnt want to spend more time in manchester than i have already so.. :biggrin:

haha really ? :biggrin: yehh thats true:smile: ohhh okay , is Manchester a nice place then ? XD lel i am from north wales like bangor is literally 40 mins away from me that's why I dunno if I should go to Bangor XD
Reply 64
Original post by Quantum2123
haha really ? :biggrin: yehh thats true:smile: ohhh okay , is Manchester a nice place then ? XD lel i am from north wales like bangor is literally 40 mins away from me that's why I dunno if I should go to Bangor XD

Manchester is alright, its not too small or too big; it has all the good shops and that's all that matters :biggrin:
I suppose it all depends on whether you actually like living in north wales. I'm definitely considering Leeds because it's an hour away from Manchester so i can easily travel back and forth as i please
Applied on Tuesday for Biomedical Sciences and Medical Biology, got offers for both on Thursday night 😃 i loved the feel of the uni, can feel myself there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to bangor and got an unconditional offer for psychology👯

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done 😃🎊🎉🎈🎈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by jarrismcfc
Applied on Tuesday for Biomedical Sciences and Medical Biology, got offers for both on Thursday night 😃 i loved the feel of the uni, can feel myself there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done 👏👏👏
I applied for Medical Sciences and got an offer really quickly, I haven't visited yet but I'm hoping to 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Auds
Well done 👏👏👏
I applied for Medical Sciences and got an offer really quickly, I haven't visited yet but I'm hoping to 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's got a really nice feel about the place. 😃 As i speak welsh i should be right at home! What are your conditions? 😃
Reply 70
It's got a really nice feel about the place. 😃 As i speak welsh i should be right at home! What are your conditions? 😃

I was worried at first that everyone would speak Welsh which I can't really lol.
My conditions are to get at least 300 ucas tariff points which isn't too bad 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Auds
I was worried at first that everyone would speak Welsh which I can't really lol.
My conditions are to get at least 300 ucas tariff points which isn't too bad 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welsh is a beautiful language! 👌 Bangor offer free courses if you are up for learning 😃 and 300 points sound good
Reply 72
Welsh is a beautiful language! 👌 Bangor offer free courses if you are up for learning 😃 and 300 points sound good

I suppose there's no harm in trying my hand.
Yeah they do, what offer did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Auds
I suppose there's no harm in trying my hand.
Yeah they do, what offer did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

320 UCAS points and a grade C in Biology for Biomedical Sciences, the same for Medical Biology, but with a C in chemistry. 😃. I also do Welsh Bacc, Which I'm forecast for an A😃 hopefully i won't mess it up 👌
Original post by yasmin1996mur
I applied to bangor and got an unconditional offer for psychology������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for psychology at Bangor a few days ago. What AS grades did you get and how long did it take to get a response?
Original post by yasmin1996mur
I applied to bangor and got an unconditional offer for psychology👯

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my word! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :biggrin:

I can only dream of that as I absolutely fell in love with Bangor when I went to the open day! I applied for psychology like 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a word back..not even an acknowledgement! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophiedavies321
I applied for psychology at Bangor a few days ago. What AS grades did you get and how long did it take to get a response?

I know its a different course, but i got BCC at AS-Level, had an offer in 2 days for Biomedical Science and Medical Biology, I'm predicted ABB For my A2's, and i have done a ton of work experience.😊 My buddy got an offer for Psychology with BCCD at AS level, it took a week i think. What did you get at AS?😊
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lilyghz
Oh my word! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :biggrin:

I can only dream of that as I absolutely fell in love with Bangor when I went to the open day! I applied for psychology like 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard a word back..not even an acknowledgement! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks alot!
I haven't visited it yet so I hope I like it
I'm sure they will get back to you soon dont worry
I know its a different course, but i got BCC at AS-Level, had an offer in 2 days for Biomedical Science and Medical Biology, I'm predicted ABB For my A2's, and i have done a ton of work experience.😊 My buddy got an offer for Psychology with BCCD at AS level, it took a week i think. What did you get at AS?😊

I got BCDE, resitting three so hoping to achieve AAC/ABC. Aww I hope I hear from them soon!!
Original post by sophiedavies321
I got BCDE, resitting three so hoping to achieve AAC/ABC. Aww I hope I hear from them soon!!

Hope you get the offer you want 😃

Quick Reply

Latest