The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Applied to Bangor 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lilyghz
finally someone on the same boat as me! a bangor rep has offered to look into this for me so I hope I hear from them soon! fingers crossed

where else have you applied to?

Royal Holloway, Kent, Swansea and Aston :smile: Got offers for all but Aston and Bangor. What about you?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Sylvette
Royal Holloway, Kent, Swansea and Aston :smile: Got offers for all but Aston and Bangor. What about you?

Essex, Liverpool, Southampton and Kent too! and have heard back from all but Bangor, and I'm really keen on Bangor :frown: haha
Original post by Lilyghz
Essex, Liverpool, Southampton and Kent too! and have heard back from all but Bangor, and I'm really keen on Bangor :frown: haha

Good luck! :biggrin: I hope you'll get to the uni you want :smile:
I have applied to do Philosophy and Theology and received a offer yesterday and need to just Pass my Level 3 Access to higher education Humanities :smile:
Just received my offer for psychology (280pts)!! And I qualified for a scholarship?!

Wasn't expecting this as I was told international students wouldn't be contacted until jan/feb! I am so happy I could cry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview for Bangor on the 11th Feb for Diagnostic Radiography!:biggrin:
Original post by Lilyghz
Just received my offer for psychology (280pts)!! And I qualified for a scholarship?!

Wasn't expecting this as I was told international students wouldn't be contacted until jan/feb! I am so happy I could cry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! Is Bangor your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by veronik_vero96
Congratulations! Is Bangor your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is indeed so I'm well chuffed :smile: Thank you!
Got an offer today after 3 weeks-ish. Conditional (IB 30 points) for psychology, eligible for scholarship. Lowest offer out of all my choices :smile:
Didn't realize replies for 2014/2015 would be so early.

I remember when I was applying last year and people were getting replies much later than this time, so I wouldn't worry too much guys about the wait.
I applied to bangor on 27th Nov 2014 to study MSc Computer Science in next year (September 2015). I am still waiting to receive an offer letter. any ideas when I will receive reply from bangor?

Note: I have BSc with 3.6 GPA and scored 6.5 in IELTS with no band less than 6.

Thanks,
Abdul Rahman
Has anyone applied for terrestrial/marine ecology? Or MGeog?
Original post by sophiedavies321
I applied for psychology at Bangor a few days ago. What AS grades did you get and how long did it take to get a response?

hi so sorry I haven't replied for agess🙈, I got BBB at AS but the reason I got an unconditional is because they started a new scheme apparently where if you are predicted ABB and you have at least 5 A's at GCSE you get unconditional. I got a response around 5 days after applying
Yeah. I've also got an offer for electronic engineering (MEng) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
what how like coz I got 7 As in gcse and rest Bs and I got AAB at AS and predicted the same for alevels and an A/A* in the welsh baccc investigation :s
Reply 115
Original post by Quantum2123
what how like coz I got 7 As in gcse and rest Bs and I got AAB at AS and predicted the same for alevels and an A/A* in the welsh baccc investigation :s

Yeah I didn't understand the unconditional either :tongue: got 7A 2A* at GCSE and AAA at as level ??? Still got an offer of 280 points from bangor 😎 ahh well tho, still probably go there haha
Original post by Zoegibbon
Yeah I didn't understand the unconditional either :tongue: got 7A 2A* at GCSE and AAA at as level ??? Still got an offer of 280 points from bangor 😎 ahh well tho, still probably go there haha

I think the scheme is only for certain subjects that might be why 😊
I applied for English Literature and have had a conditional offer. Looking forward to going :biggrin:
Reply 118
Original post by yasmin1996mur
I think the scheme is only for certain subjects that might be why 😊

Fair enough! Would be so awesome to have an unconditional tho! Well done 😁
Weird to think in less than a year we are probably gonna meet some of each other. :smile: has anyone gone for the Coleg Cymraeg scholarships?

Quick Reply

Latest