The Student Room Group

Does she like me or am I being led on?

Let me just start by saying she has a bf back home (not in the UK) but she's only mentioned him once before all the 'flirting' began (in quotes since I'm still very confused)

She's always asking me to go with her literally everywhere (we're in the same hall), laughing all the time, although she does normally laugh a lot, and we always kind of stare into each other's eyes when we're talking and it doesn't feel awkward. She randomly wants to play truth or dare and keeps making me choose truth, wants to play chinese whispers just between us, messes with my hair (not like just touching but like for 7-8 seconds) and we always joke around a lot. I go to her room a lot and I stay till really late like midnight or even 1am cuz she always stops me from leaving and a some other stuff (in case she reads this, I don't want to post everything so PM me if u want to know. Please msg me tho I really want to share this :tongue:).

But at the same time sometimes I feel like she pushes me away like when I msg her on fb she can take some time to reply, but usually when she's in lectures and stuff and going to a guy's small party who clearly likes her and sleeping over (just passing out not actually doing anything as far as I know) or talking to other ppl on fb after she invites me in before actually paying attention to me and stuff.

And maybe I'm going crazy but I can feel her being flirty in pretty much everything she does and whenever we're alone in a room (either her's or mine) I feel some awkward sexual tension (not socially awkward type thing but the nervous happy awkward).

Sorry for the long post but just one more thing. I just can't make out if she likes me, if she's leading me on or if she's just becoming very comfortable around me as a best friend.

PS: other ppl have hinted at us saying "get a room" or alike.
Reply 1
**** just realized U can't PM if I'm anonymous can u?
Reply 2
bump?
It's the classic case of 'girl has boyfriend, not happy in relationship (otherwise wouldn't be flirting with other men), but too scared to leave because of confidence issues (fear of losing both, worried she won't get anyone else, fear of change etc.)'.

Girls with boyfriends are off limits I'm afraid. It is annoying. Often you'll meet a hot girl and she'll be taken, but to avoid complications, just stick to the single market.
(edited 9 years ago)
People will say trying it with a girl that is taken is immoral but let's face it- it's a dog eat dog world and most guys wouldn't hesitate or think twice about you where they given a chance to **** your hypothetical girl.
She is not his property and you do nothing but provide the girl with another option of which she is free to choose from. She has the agency to decide to leave her boyfriend, you weren't the root cause of it you were simply there, anything else is infantilisation- implying she's weak willed enough to jump at any offer.

I'd say just play your cards, she's in a long distance relationship which probably won't work and if she's flirting with you I'm assuming she doesn't want to be with him. If it's what you want then I'd say go for it because your primary aim is your own happiness and chances are she's isn't going to be with this other guy even if it's not you the one she starts seeing.

Or perhaps you can be the nice guy who doesn't get what he wants. The choice is yours.

As for whether she's interested, I'd say there is easily enough substance for you to push further. That's not to say she wont reject you but you obviously have some chemistry so there is a good chance she finds you attractive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Yep I don't care about my morality. She's just too great to give up for that.

We were actually so close to kissing last night and she was giving so many signs that she was basically just being blatantly obvious that she wanted to kiss but I was too much of a p**** to go for it... I just kept replaying the night over and over again and couldn't even get any sleep. I'm just so scared that that was my last chance but I've still hopefully got today so really wish it goes well...
Original post by Anonymous

We were actually so close to kissing last night and she was giving so many signs that she was basically just being blatantly obvious that she wanted to kiss but I was too much of a p**** to go for it... I just kept replaying the night over and over again and couldn't even get any sleep. I'm just so scared that that was my last chance but I've still hopefully got today so really wish it goes well...

Yeah, more often than not that's a winners mentality.

Damn, don't think about it or you will bail out, just do it.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Lol I slyly have done something like this before.

Just go with what you feel is right, if she is better with you and you will be better with her regardless of any consequence then go for it.

People on this thread are saying what they'd do in an idealistic world, this is not an idealistic world. Been said before but it's dog eat dog, guy won't hesitate to do that to your girl and your girl probably won't hesitate to do that in a circumstance so you have to play the game.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't really encourage doing anything with her as you never know with these things it could come back to bite you in the ass, but that's just me I can't stand cheating. However from the sounds of it she's been flirty with you multiple times and so I'm pretty sure another opportunity will present itself to you soon, so I wouldn't worry too much if you feel like you've missed out on an opportunity.
Original post by Anonymous

Any progress?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending