The Student Room Group

My ideal society.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor_Einstein
I like your system so far, but I worry that the children who grow up in the households of doctors and engineers, will have an advantage in achieving a top tier job themselves over the children who grow up in the households of the lowest tier.

This would be due to a variety of factors, including increased cultural and social capital passed on to them by their parents, such as study techniques and knowledge, and absorb the culture of working hard and achieving well. Also the children are likely to be less stressed, healthier and happier.

Therefore what can be done to ensure that children from the lowest tier are just as likely to achieve success as children from the top tier. Should the children go to boarding schools early on in life to isolate them from parents who might impart unfair skills to their children?

Personally I don't think taking children away from their parents is a good idea because that cultural and social capital would be lost upon the parents death. It has to be passed on.

I am there for inclusive education where common children learn along side elite children.
I am also in favor of a mentor system where adult citizens have a responsibility to come to schools once a month and aid in the teaching of children.
I am also for a child swap system where children live in another family's home for a week to see what they can learn.
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Instead of asking me how I would fix all these problems why dont you contribute?

I can't contribute anything meaningful to this thread and there are very few people who can so there's no point. It was a nice idea but you're just going to face impassable hurdles.
Original post by 1chirag7
I can't contribute anything meaningful to this thread and there are very few people who can so there's no point. It was a nice idea but you're just going to face impassable hurdles.

Easy to criticize harder to contribute.
Very true but that's my point, any ideas on this thread most likely have been considered before and deemed impossible or have been tried and failed. Your whole thread is obsolete in my opinion. Therefore, I thought it would be best for me to try and help you understand that it the possibility of creating a completely new society which would successfully function better than our current one -not even anywhere near perfection - are infinitesimally small.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending