The Student Room Group
In my halls they had a sanitary towel bin in mixed/single sex flats. :smile:
I actually never considered this.
I'm presuming you mean in your accomodation? I heard that there are seperate sanitary bins in all the toilets. If not, I guess you could buy a bin and let everyone know what it's for. Don't know who would dispose of it though...
If there's not anywhere special to put them, I'll just use my bin in my room :confused:
Reply 4
Sazarina88
If there's not anywhere special to put them, I'll just use my bin in my room :confused:

If there's only a normal bin in the bathroom, put the sanitary towel in the wrapper and then you could wrap it in a bit of toilet paper so that the sensitive boys aren't too upset by seeing it. It's not like having a period is so shameful, disgusting or freakish that you should have to hide it especially from people, though I'd think that there ought to be a special disposal bin in the bathrooms.
sssh
If there's only a normal bin in the bathroom, put the sanitary towel in the wrapper and then you could wrap it in a bit of toilet paper so that the sensitive boys aren't too upset by seeing it. It's not like having a period is so shameful, disgusting or freakish that you should have to hide it especially from people, though I'd think that there ought to be a special disposal bin in the bathrooms.

I'm in a single sex block :biggrin:
Reply 6
Sazarina88
I'm in a single sex block :biggrin:

Though I can see the advantages of that, I don't think it'd be for me. I think it sounds a bit weird to be honest, like boarding school for overgrown kids. But I hope I'm not the only girl in a corridor/block of rowdy boys ...well actually, the same as I hope I'm not in a corridor/block of rowdy girls...I guess they could be just as bad.
Reply 7
there were special bins in the toilets in the halls i stayed in.

also, most guys wont REALLY care about you using the regular bin... as long as u wrap it up as opposed to leaving a bloody mess in the bin.
Reply 8
Its not an issue if they don't have it..just wrap it up in the paper cover thingy they give, and buy some sanitary towel bags they have in supermarkets...they have this little box of 50 lavender scented sanitary bags in sainsburys for like 99p or something..i use them at home :smile:
Reply 9
Anonymous
This question is for girls, if you are a guy i would reccomend you do not read any further............(seriously you dont wanna read this)
I was just wondering if you use sanitary towels, how are you gonna dispose of them at uni. Are we supposed to put them in a bin outside or do you think there will be a special disposal bin in the bathroom? I know it's a bit gross but i'm a bit concerned about this.

damn you lol, never tell a guy not to read any further, it has the opposite effect!

anyway, in my halls there was a nice grey plastic bin provided in the toilets (shared toilets) for "girly stuff". id imagine that if uve got uni halls, theyd have to supply someway of disposing of that sorta stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending