The Student Room Group

Do you keep a diary?

I'm not talking day planner but personal diary that you write about your day in...?
:cool:
Reply 1
Original post by EloiseStar
I'm not talking day planner but personal diary that you write about your day in...?
:cool:

YES but, i don't write in it everyday only some occasions. Also student life is dead so no need for everyday repetition :colondollar:
Reply 2
Yeah I have done since I was 13. I don't really write in it that often anymore though, only when I need to vent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what for? It seems like a good idea - do you write it online publicly or on a word document privately? or is it handwritten?
Reply 4
Original post by rileyjcox
what for? It seems like a good idea - do you write it online publicly or on a word document privately? or is it handwritten?

I never said I did. I'm thinking about writing one though. Private, in a nice journal, maybe Moleskine, handwritten with a good quality pen... :colone:

I used to keep one from about 8-15 and I love finding little passages, for instance how excited I was when I got my first mobile. I think when I'm 30 or so I'd love to know what 19 year old me was thinking.
again, that's a really good thought. I guess that is why people vlog these days
Yep. It's extremely sad to read. It's mainly me obsessing with boys from school and talking about what I did that day. :moon:

I hardly write in it anymore thoughl.
I wouldn't mind having one... but that involve remembering to write in it! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by karmacrunch
I wouldn't mind having one... but that involve remembering to write in it! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, remembering is an issue. Especially if you have to hide the diary, it isn't always in clear sight to remember to write. I'm at uni now though so I can keep my door locked from lurking eyes :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by rileyjcox

I've only ever written mine by hand, certainly would never put it online for anyone to see :noo:

I used to keep one from about 8-15 and I love finding little passages, for instance how excited I was when I got my first mobile. I think when I'm 30 or so I'd love to know what 19 year old me was thinking.

I recently found mine from when I was 17-18 (I'm 29 now) and it was really cringey to read back on; I couldn't believe I came out with half of the stuff in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam
I've only ever written mine by hand, certainly would never put it online for anyone to see :noo:

I recently found mine from when I was 17-18 (I'm 29 now) and it was really cringey to read back on; I couldn't believe I came out with half of the stuff in it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you wrote one?
Reply 11
Glad you wrote one?

I wouldn't really say glad but it is nice to look back on things sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one but I haven't written or done anything in it in absolutely ages, tis a gorge diary though imo
Original post by MidnightDream
I have one but I haven't written or done anything in it in absolutely ages, tis a gorge diary though imo

Ooooh, whats it like? I'm thinking about getting a Moleskine one :smile:
I used to. I had a few diaries that I threw out after a while because I was too scared that somebody might find them at the time. They were all full of self-loathing crap, hatred for everyone else and violent thoughts. I read a little bit of the one that I still have about a year ago. I was shocked at some of the things I'd written in there, it was like reading the words of a person almost completely alien to me. I sometimes forget how bad I used to feel back then [it wasn't even that long ago when I think about it.].
Reply 15
I used to when i was with my ex, i wrote about most of the day, and then in the evening we burnt the pages together.

Quick Reply

Latest