The Student Room Group

History of Art 2015 entry

Thought I'd create a thread for all of us applicants to have a chat. What are your predicted grades and where are you applying? Have you done your personal statement?

Mine are around AAB/AAA and I'm applying to UCL, Courtauld, SOAS, St Andrews... can't quite decide on the fifth! Choosing between Warwick, Glasgow, and Edinburgh.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow, those are some really good IB grades. Still working on my application but I think I might pick Warwick as my fifth because they have a semester in Italy. If you don't mind me asking, what do you like about Edinburgh's course?

Good luck on that Cambridge app! Hope everything goes well.
I'm applying to do History of Art at Oxford, York, UEA, Warwick and St Andrews

I've got offers now from York and UEA, and an interview at Warwick :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Finally, a History of Art thread! :smile: I've applied to Oxford, Warwick, Bristol, The Courtauld Institute and UCL - so far I've received offers from Bristol and UCL, as well as an interview at Warwick in 2 weeks time :smile: has anyone heard from Courtauld yet?

I'm predicted between A*A*A(maybe A*) in English lit, Art and History respectively

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by amelija
Nothing from Courtauld yet, only acknowledgement. If you don't mind me asking when did you receive offer from UCL? Did you have to fill some other application forms, like written work?

I received the offer on Monday. Yeh, about two weeks before they asked me to complete 2 written exercises - responses to an extract and a photograph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to Oxford for History of Art :smile:
Original post by Grace19970131
Applied to Oxford for History of Art :smile:

Me too :wink: what college have you applied to? I've applied to Christ Church
Have you done the 750 word art essay yet?
Original post by sophdaloaf
Me too :wink: what college have you applied to? I've applied to Christ Church
Have you done the 750 word art essay yet?

Applied to Christ Church as well and Yes yes I have Mine was around 600 words :biggrin: I'm an international candidate so I had to send mine of as soon as possible so i did it the day after i got the email:wink: What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Applying for Oxford, Nottingham, Bristol, St Andrews and Courtauld !
Holding offers from Bristol and Nottingham currently.
Predicted A* A* A A
Predicted A*A*A
Applying for Cambridge Caius college, UCL, St.Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Got offers from Edinburgh(BBB) and Glasgow(AAB) so far:smile:
btw im writing my written exercises for UCL now.

Anyone heard from St.Andrews???
Original post by Suriishappy
Predicted A*A*A
Applying for Cambridge Caius college, UCL, St.Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Got offers from Edinburgh(BBB) and Glasgow(AAB) so far:smile:
btw im writing my written exercises for UCL now.

Anyone heard from St.Andrews???

I'm also predicted A*A*A and have applied to Cambridge (Fitz), UCL, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Although for all of these, I have attempted to pursue my interest in the Ancient World as opposed to just one subject. I also have an offer from Glasgow (AAB). But haven't heard back from any of my other uni's. What are your favorite two at the moment?

Good luck with the application, especially Cambridge :smile:!
Original post by Amanda096
I'm also predicted A*A*A and have applied to Cambridge (Fitz), UCL, St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Although for all of these, I have attempted to pursue my interest in the Ancient World as opposed to just one subject. I also have an offer from Glasgow (AAB). But haven't heard back from any of my other uni's. What are your favorite two at the moment?

Good luck with the application, especially Cambridge :smile:!

Wow!thx:smile: Also good luck with ur app!! my favourite two are cambridge and St.Andrews:biggrin: btw I got AAAC for AS for Hist of art, maths, physics and history(dropped).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelija
Hi!
I'm predicted 44/45 (IB) and I'm applying to UCL, Courtauld, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Cambridge. I sent my application about a week ago and now I'm checking my track every 10 minutes, I'm so stressed!

Hi:smile: can i ask which college r applying for in cambridge? Im caius

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amelija
King's :smile: Good luck with your app! Do you prepare somehow for an interview?

Yes i am. Base on my ps and also some previous asked questions. Good luck with yours too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Andrews (Courtauld did too) stated in their confirmation email that they take the approach of equal consideration for all applicants after 15th January - hope this helps!
This is a kind of lame question, but which is better out of UCL and the Courtauld in terms of connections within the art industry? Are there any big differences between them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have been looking for a HoA thread for ages!
I'm predicted A*A*A* and am applying for Cambridge, Durham (for Combined Honours in Arts), the Courtauld, St Andrews and Warwick. Have got an interview for Warwick tomorrow
Original post by englishrose_96
I'm predicted A*A*A* and am applying for Cambridge, Durham (for Combined Honours in Arts), the Courtauld, St Andrews and Warwick. Have got an interview for Warwick tomorrow

I've got an interview tomorrow at Warwick too! What are you doing to prepare? I can't find any information about it online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I looked but there was nothing. I've been looking over my personal statement and have studied their prospectus pretty hard - I've asked around at school and the general consensus seems to be that it's very informal, and more about Why Warwick rather than an academic interview (like at Cambridge). There's no image test, just a chat with a couple of professors. I think they're trying to ascertain whether you really want to go to warwick, and whether they feel you'd fit in

Oh that's quite different, gonna have to blag it because Warwick is only my insurance and I don't desperately want to go there. I'm guessing we don't have to wear formal clothes then? Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which college in cambridge are u applying for? Good luck with ur appliction!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply