The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i've been to rouen in february, granada last november and lille last july all with acorn educational exchanges for work in creches. was a week each so not much but it was great experience!
I got a job in the bakery of my twin town. It was something my school had done before but basically we had to write to the people in french and say who we were, why we wanted work exp. etc. Hadn't been to spain until after a level exams so I haven't done anything over there yet.
Reply 3
i wnet to lille last year with acorn- was really good, i worked in a nursery. It was a fantastic experience, would definitely recommend it :biggrin:
Reply 4
*~vicki~*
i wnet to lille last year with acorn- was really good, i worked in a nursery. It was a fantastic experience, would definitely recommend it :biggrin:

wasn't babeluttes by any chance?
yup same here... went to lille in october with acorn, worked in a creche... was such a good week and you meet loads of people as well.
Reply 6
Mr. Jim
wasn't babeluttes by any chance?

no, it was hellemmes acacias. i had to catch le metro every morning and travel 3 stops :biggrin:
*~vicki~*
no, it was hellemmes acacias. i had to catch le metro every morning and travel 3 stops :biggrin:

yeh i had 2 get the metro every morning as well... all alone! loved that bit actually lol was really good fun.
actually vicki i think u were on my trip! not sure if u remember me... lille oct '05 -hotel mister bed city!! ahhh fun times :biggrin: xxx
Reply 8
lmao i loved that hotel! tho the security wasnt too good, got these guys coming round pretending they were bodyguards of ze 'otel and trying to get into our rooms! scary. i had to get the metro too, was dead fun, my creche was in fives...not sure how many stops over that was...
i noo mister bed city all the way! omg that does sound scary tho... did you have flunch as well?? ahhh the memories!! :redface:
Reply 10
haha flunch ROCKED. all that classic french cuisine! i ended up having... poisson panné was it? the fish and chips one. the rest was a bit rank :rolleyes:

our hotel in granada was lush tho, i didnt get how we were travelling further but getting better stuff! was all pretty and shiny and new and posh... the hotel in rouen on the other hand was SICK, me and my friend were in a room that blatantly should've been a single that didnt even have a wardrobe, just like, a bathroom cabinet in the bedroom, and there was a very suspicious bulge coming out of the wall. although would probs have to say rouen was the best experience of all three, probs coz i was used to the setup more and could get into the swing of things right off :smile:
lolol i had the bread roll :p: it was all very very rank lol but ohh i have fond memories of flunch none the less.... classic lol.
oh wow granada sounds brilliant, definitely an improvement on the questionable luxury of mister bed city... did you have to pay extra for the place in granada? omg rouen sounds WRONG... lol r u sure that was even a hotel? although saying that we didn't even get a radiator in our room in lille lol...
ohh so rouen was the one u went 2 last, after you'd already done the other 2? yeh at least u knew what 2 expect and could just enjoy it right from the very first day... if you haven't done it before you have 2 settle in the first couple of days b4 u really start enjoying it, that's what i found with lille anyway. do u work in a nursery in all three of the places you went 2?
and just out of interest how come u went 3 times? cos we just went once with school and that was it. did you organise it yourself a couple of times?
Reply 12
yeah the college helped up organise the first one to france and the one to spain then we organised to go to the rouen one ourselves :smile: i did work in nurseries for all three, it wasnt my first choice for the first one we went on but then it was such fun and it's a situation where you HAVE to speak all the time but you're not embarrassed coz they're little kids :p: by the time i went on the rouen one i was doing story time with the kids while my colleagues had a coffee!

am just looking now for my photos from granada and rouen and i don't know where they've gone! arg. not fair! :frown:
Reply 13
i've used acorn and it was amazing, i went to cologne february 05 and it was like the best week of my life!
Reply 14
Mr. Jim
haha flunch ROCKED. all that classic french cuisine! i ended up having... poisson panné was it? the fish and chips one. the rest was a bit rank :rolleyes:

OMFG FLUNCH!!!! That was awesome beyond belief!! One of our group had dinner provided at work so we used her spare vouchers to buy lots and lots of the cheap wine at Flunch! Saved our money big time!
I had Steak, chips and gravy the whole week. Food of the Gods.
Anywho.

I have a job in Buenos Aires. Got it by a total fluke of nature. Random Argentinian kids were touring Europe or something like that debating and their first day in UK was a bit of a nonstarter so our school was asked to host them for a day. I had spares so I was on the tour with them and got talking to the headmistress, and as they say the rest is history.
I'm so excited!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending