The Student Room Group

Tuition fee support

I'm not eligible to receive my tuition loan this year because I dropped out of University in my second year a few years ago, the issues leading up to this were family related and weren't documented in any official sense. According to the student loan policy and formula I'm only eligible for one year's funding, I'll also only get full funding in my final year (which is therefore irrelevant).

I don't have enough money to pay my tuition fees upfront and I don't really want to get a bank loan in order to get through it, is there ANY advice or route I can take to solving any of this? thanks.
Reply 1
Not that I found in a similar position. I had to work and save up.

As a uni student, you probably wouldn't be able to take out a conventional bank loan as you have no way of repaying it. You can't get a Professional & Career Development Loan, as these are only available for unfunded courses (mainly things like a Masters). As an undergrad degree is supported by Student Finance - even though you aren't going to get the full package - your course would be ineligible for a PCDL.
Original post by Jamess52
I'm not eligible to receive my tuition loan this year because I dropped out of University in my second year a few years ago, the issues leading up to this were family related and weren't documented in any official sense. According to the student loan policy and formula I'm only eligible for one year's funding, I'll also only get full funding in my final year (which is therefore irrelevant).

I don't have enough money to pay my tuition fees upfront and I don't really want to get a bank loan in order to get through it, is there ANY advice or route I can take to solving any of this? thanks.

The only option for you is to work and save up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending