The Student Room Group

Which tv shows should just call it a day?

Which tv shows should just call it a day?
And why?

Scroll to see replies

Personally i think deal or no deal should go.
It was never good in the first place, having it on for ages has just ruined it.
Homeland should have called it a day after season 1.
Original post by h3isenberg
Homeland should have called it a day after season 1.

Nooo I love that :frown:

I think X factor, it is pretty boring now
The big bang theory it was so good at the start but after season four it just started to go downhill, plus it isn't that funny anymore (even though I still watch it) for example type in on youtube 'Big bang theory without laugh track' and you'll see what I mean
Top Gear. It isn't funny anymore, nor is it fundamentally about cars.
All talent shows. "mi great nans cousins dog dyed m8 #tears #emotion #imsodeep"
Reply 7
The X Factor. Loved it a few years ago but now it's just boring.
All soaps
Come dine with me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Yeah dude

Definitely!
Modern Family - there was only one good episode in season 5 (Las Vegas), and season 6 isn't great.

Family Guy - it's gone downhill

The Simpsons - again, it's been great but season 26 is awful

The Big Bang Theory - it's good now but it will be terrible by the time it ends, in season 10. Season 8 is ok but it's far from amazing, so the show should get a lot better or end at the end of season 8 or 9.
Original post by singapaul
The big bang theory it was so good at the start but after season four it just started to go downhill, plus it isn't that funny anymore (even though I still watch it) for example type in on youtube 'Big bang theory without laugh track' and you'll see what I mean

I agree...TBBT isn't even funny anymore. They need to end it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X factor -like most talent shows it's just gone a step too far/carried on a bit too far past its best so it's now boring and predictable.
Strictly come dancing
Come dine with me
Location, location, location
Soaps
Most game shows
The sort of thing I'd watch if I just want to watch a bit of rubbish TV when I'm bored or ill. :smile:
Almost everything on TV should go - it's obvious the networks are out of ideas.

Although one programme I think was cut before its time is The Inbetweeners; reckon they could have got at least another five series (30 episodes) out of that before needing to call it a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by contradicta
All soaps

I second this.
I'm glad neg rep isn't still around. :colone:

Soaps - They just use the same old story lines over and over again. This person got shot, Who did it? They did it. They get put in prison. No wait, it was actually this person. The person who actually did it has run off.

Big Bang Theory - I liked seasons 1 to 3, but now they rarely include the sciencey stuff that made it really good.

Also Doctor Who, X-factor, Bake Off...
Supernatural. I stuck with it until season 8, but it needed to have finished after season 5
2 broke girls
just stop, please
Waterloo Road-Essentially went to **** when they moved to Scotland.

X Factor-The sob story brilliant singers and the arrogant **** singers has got predictable now. Time to end it.

TBBT-Only so many Jewish, Indian, nerd and Sheldon jokes you can make.

Big Brother-Does anyone still watch it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending