The Student Room Group

People who go round calling other people "chavs"

I think it's ridiculous tbh. Calling someone a chav because they have a Nike T-shirt on or Nike trainers etc.. or even saying "you dress like a chav" chavs wear what normal people wear.. a variety of different colours.. wearing all black with long hair and finger nails doesn't make you a better person.. most likely means your an attention seeker with issues.

Anyway just had to get that of my chest

cheerio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMango
Calling someone a chav because they have a Nike T-shirt on or Nike trainers etc.. or even saying "you dress like a chav".

wearing all black with long hair and finger nails doesn't make you a better person.. most likely means your an attention seeker with issues.

lol'd
Original post by MrMango
I think it's ridiculous tbh. Calling someone a chav because they have a Nike T-shirt on or Nike trainers etc.. or even saying "you dress like a chav" chavs wear what normal people wear.. a variety of different colours.. wearing all black with long hair and finger nails doesn't make you a better person.. most likely means your an attention seeker with issues.

Anyway just had to get that of my chest

cheerio

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're talking about not labeling certain groups of people and then you end by labeling another group of people.
Reply 3
Original post by iammeyouareyou
You're talking about not labeling certain groups of people and then you end by labeling another group of people.

Tell me what name I gave to this group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by MrMango

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I've got nothing against people who dress in sport gear and don't work.

It always made me lol at private school when the lazy idiots there who would've been chavs with a different upbringing, called other people chavs.
Reply 5
Original post by MrMango

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attention seekers.
Original post by MrMango

Posted from TSR Mobile

You assumed that the most likely reason why someone would have black hair/nails etc is because they are an attention seeker. You didn't label them, but you made an unjustified assumption surely?
Reply 7
Original post by nohomo
I agree. I've got nothing against people who dress in sport gear and don't work.

It always made me lol at private school when the lazy idiots there who would've been chavs with a different upbringing, called other people chavs.

So people who dress in sports gear ( lol yeah Nike only does sports wear lololol) automatically don't have jobs..again lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by scotttb
Attention seekers.

thats characteristic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I call someone a chav, it's often because they're loud mouthed, speak lyk dis, wear trackies with a hoody and a flat peak, and also have an IQ similar to that of a potato.

In my opinion, they do exist and contribute to the regression of society. I hate them.
Reply 10
Original post by MrMango
So people who dress in sports gear ( lol yeah Nike only does sports wear lololol) automatically don't have jobs..again lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say that.

The stereotype of a chav is someone who causes trouble, doesn't work and wears sport gear. I didn't say that not working was the stereotype of people who wear sport gear.

Some people who don't work and wear sport gear but don't cause trouble would be labelled chavs. I'm saying I'm fine with them.
I wear Nike joggies like everyday and dress as what people would call a "chav", it's comfortable what can I say? I also "hang about the streets" with my friends and have fun. It's funny because I doubt most of the people judging me also has straight A's and are applying to Cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by nohomo
I didn't say that.

The stereotype of a chav is someone who causes trouble, doesn't work and wears sport gear. I didn't say that not working was the stereotype of people who wear sport gear.

Some people who don't work and wear sport gear but don't cause trouble would be labelled chavs. I'm saying I'm fine with them.

So if you cause trouble and dont work but you wear tailor fitted suits what woukd you be? a mob boss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by MrMango
So if you cause trouble and dont work but you wear tailor fitted suits what woukd you be? a mob boss?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I give up.

Yeh that'd be fine.
Reply 14
Original post by AstroNandos
When I call someone a chav, it's often because they're loud mouthed, speak lyk dis, wear trackies with a hoody and a flat peak, and also have an IQ similar to that of a potato.

In my opinion, they do exist and contribute to the regression of society. I hate them.

You do realise the way people speak can largely depend on the environment they grewup in.. I know people who speak lyke dis who are straight A students who are a laugh to be around etc they just happened to be brought up on a council estate.. stop being ignorant, not everyone can be born in Oxfordshire, and have parents who have automatic cars and go fox hunting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by nohomo
I give up.

Yeh that'd be fine.

yeah giveup as what you are saying has no logic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by MrMango
yeah giveup as what you are saying has no logic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I give up because you're a ****ing idiot.
Original post by MrMango
You do realise the way people speak can largely depend on the environment they grewup in.. I know people who speak lyke dis who are straight A students who are a laugh to be around etc they just happened to be brought up on a council estate.. stop being ignorant, not everyone can be born in Oxfordshire, and have parents who have automatic cars and go fox hunting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking lyk dis is not the sole reason I see them as chavs. When I say that, I mean illiterate. Do you not think chavs like what I described exist, or do you not see those types of people as chavs?
Original post by AstroNandos

Yeah this for me. They often hang round McDonalds, and other similar outlets. Stereotypes exist for a reason. They often have attitude issues as well. It can't be that difficult to change your ways.
Reply 19
Original post by nohomo
No I give up because you're a ****ing idiot.

Yet you can't justify your reasons LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest