The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Law offers 2015 ,warwick

Could anyone who has attended Warwick for law or currently has an offer tell me what AS and GCSE grades, predicted A2 grades and offer they got ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j_r112
Could anyone who has attended Warwick for law or currently has an offer tell me what AS and GCSE grades, predicted A2 grades and offer they got ?

Im in my 3rd year.

My GCSEs were 3A* 7A 2B.
AS = AAAA
A2 predictions A*A*A*A
Offer = AAAc
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hi! I got an offer today to study European Law LLB and the offer is AAA including French A Level

My predictions: A*s in history and politics, As in French and English lit

My AS Levels last year : 3As in History, English Lit, Politics and 1 B in FRENCH

My GCSES: 2A*s, 4As 3Bs and 1C

hope that helped! :smile:
Original post by Cakeymatey
Im in my 3rd year.

My GCSEs were 3A* 7A 2B.
AS = AAAA
A2 predictions A*A*A*A
Offer = AAAc

So you go to Warwick?

I really want to apply there but I keep hearing about how the social life and nightlife are disappointing especially for people coming from big cities like London. Is that true?

Also, what is the ethnic diversity is like? Are there a lot of South Asians (not including internationals)?

I want to study Law, if that helps.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Ok thanks everyone :-)
Reply 5
Original post by yasminzaracc
Hi! I got an offer today to study European Law LLB and the offer is AAA including French A Level

My predictions: A*s in history and politics, As in French and English lit

My AS Levels last year : 3As in History, English Lit, Politics and 1 B in FRENCH

My GCSES: 2A*s, 4As 3Bs and 1C

hope that helped! :smile:

Congratulations. May I ask where else you applied and if you have heard back yet? Also, when did you submit your application
Reply 6
May I ask if you are french? I'm also applying for European law LLB, need a bit of help, I am french
Original post by Esme450
Congratulations. May I ask where else you applied and if you have heard back yet? Also, when did you submit your application

Thank you! + sorry for the late reply- I've applied to Oxford, King's College in London, (got an offer from liverpool to study Law with French LLB ABB offer) and Royal Holloway to study Law. I submitted my application on 4th October :smile:
Original post by Tulip17
May I ask if you are french? I'm also applying for European law LLB, need a bit of help, I am french

No, I'm not French but I need to get extra lessons because my teacher is :confused::confused::confused: (nul). What kind of help do you need? :o:o
Reply 9
No, I'm not French but I need to get extra lessons because my teacher is :confused::confused::confused: (nul). What kind of help do you need? :o:o
I want to apply for European law (family and children) I am french by the way, want to study in London queen Mary university because is near my aunt, dont really know where about in London I can can apply
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tulip17
I want to apply for European law (family and children) I am french by the way, want to study in London queen Mary university because is near my aunt, dont really know where about in London I can can apply

Are you studying for the baccalaureate?
Also, King's College in London does the maitrise en droit which allows you to qualify in some Law modules in France. You could also qualify as a British lawyer when you study the LLB at King's.

LSE is good for Law as well. Warwick is better than QMUL imo.

Where are you from in France? :smile:
Reply 11
Are you studying for the baccalaureate?
Also, King's College in London does the maitrise en droit which allows you to qualify in some Law modules in France. You could also qualify as a British lawyer when you study the LLB at King's.

LSE is good for Law as well. Warwick is better than QMUL imo.

Where are you from in France? :smile:

lyon France, yes I am studying baccalaureate. I will finish in June
Original post by Tulip17
lyon France, yes I am studying baccalaureate. I will finish in June

Do you have a rough idea of what mark you will get out of 20? I checked the King's College and Warwick website and you need 15+ which is equivalent to British entry requirement of A*AA

You also need to sit an LNAT exam for King's College and some other Universities to study Law. I sat mine in October and used the Mark Shepard book to practise the questions and essays. There is a deadline for the LNAT and you need to go on their website to find it for different Universities.

I used this LNAT book:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/mark+shepherd/mastering+the+national+admissions+test+for+law/9573821/?gclid=CIn_sIvewsECFaHMtAodil4ARA
Reply 13
Do you have a rough idea of what mark you will get out of 20? I checked the King's College and Warwick website and you need 15+ which is equivalent to British entry requirement of A*AA

You also need to sit an LNAT exam for King's College and some other Universities to study Law. I sat mine in October and used the Mark Shepard book to practise the questions and essays. There is a deadline for the LNAT and you need to go on their website to find it for different Universities.

I used this LNAT book:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/mark+shepherd/mastering+the+national+admissions+test+for+law/9573821/?gclid=CIn_sIvewsECFaHMtAodil4ARA

Hopefully 15+, thank you ever so much, do you speak French? or at least some. So we can communicate in French
Original post by Tulip17
Hopefully 15+, thank you ever so much, do you speak French? or at least some. So we can communicate in French

no worries, and yes I can read and write some French :smile:

What other Universities are you considering?

Are you applying through UCAS? Many students here are completing their application in these coming weeks. :smile:
Reply 15
I think the deadline for September 2015 is 15th of January through UCAS?
Reply 16
yasminzaracc

Once again - Well Done for both offers! I've also applied for European Law with French. Getting quite nervous now, as I've been hearing of people getting offers and I've not heard anything. I have a friend who got an offer the other day, who is predicted the same grades a me, albeit different subjects.

For A2, I'm predicted A* in French, A* in History and an A in German. I got an A in Maths, History and French at AS Level and a B in German. For GCSE, I got 7A*s and 4As. I'm probably taking Latin AS in my own time this year too.

I submitted my UCAS form on 15th October. I think my friend submitted their application a similar time to yours or maybe a few days later. I really hope that I have a chance of getting an offer but I'm not sure.

Also, anyone know if there are limited spaces for European Law with French? Thanks :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Hi guys well done for the offers

I have a question. I'm thinking of applying for Law at warwick and I'm unfairly predicted ACC when I got ABBC - unfortunately this can't be changed at all. Do you think I stand a chance if I apply?
Original post by ahmed96
Hi guys well done for the offers

I have a question. I'm thinking of applying for Law at warwick and I'm unfairly predicted ACC when I got ABBC - unfortunately this can't be changed at all. Do you think I stand a chance if I apply?

I think if you have a good range of other university choices, then Its worth a shot. Would you judge your GCSE's to be good? how would you rate your personal statement?. If you find yourself questioning those other two elements maybe you should reconsider. But if you find that you have confidence in them then its worth a shot :smile:
Reply 19
Hey I got an offer yesterday from Warwick to do LLB law!! If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them! 😁😁☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending