The Student Room Group

Will I be able to do A-level biology and chemistry with this grade?

Well this is rather embarrsing. I'm doing double award science at the moment (I'm in year 11.) Last year I got a C (which mostly everyone in my class got) in the first part if the exam; due to not having a chemistry teacher for 5 months and a biology teacher that couldn't control the class, I was rather upset at this result because I did study hard...However if I get a A or B this year will I be able to do A-level chemistry and biology? I am also thinking it going into medicine as a career, will I be able to with these results if I do well in A-level science or shall I try and see if I can get to retake the first part of the gcse science exam.Thanks.
I think it all depends on the sixth form or college you are applying to. My sixthform asked for a minimum of BB in double science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it'd be best for you to retake. To do any science at my sixth form you need a BB and also a B in maths. I'm assuming this is the case in most sixth forms, so you probably don't want to be risking it. If you struggle with science, especially if you have a bad teacher, use myGCSEscience on YouTube (I don't know if you've heard of it before). I had the worst physics teacher, and with the help of myGCSEscience I got an A*, and am actually doing A Level physics (unfortunately with the same crappy teacher...). In terms of studying medicine in the future, that's mostly dependent on your A Levels (unless you're looking at oxbridge).
Reply 3
Original post by victoria98
I think it'd be best for you to retake. To do any science at my sixth form you need a BB and also a B in maths. I'm assuming this is the case in most sixth forms, so you probably don't want to be risking it. If you struggle with science, especially if you have a bad teacher, use myGCSEscience on YouTube (I don't know if you've heard of it before). I had the worst physics teacher, and with the help of myGCSEscience I got an A*, and am actually doing A Level physics (unfortunately with the same crappy teacher...). In terms of studying medicine in the future, that's mostly dependent on your A Levels (unless you're looking at oxbridge).

Thanks so much! I owe you big time!

Quick Reply

Latest