The Student Room Group

Medicine First Year

I am interested to know about what the Medicine undergraduate course is like, if possible from students that already studying it as I am interested in applying for it in 2015.
Original post by Bewitched2014
I am interested to know about what the Medicine undergraduate course is like, if possible from students that already studying it as I am interested in applying for it in 2015.

I'm afraid you've already missed the deadline for 2015 entry.

What first year is like will depend entirely on what uni you go to and how they teach. I go to a uni with an integrated course. The first years, on the five year course, are in every morning 9-1. It's a mix of lectures and group work. But from reading on here, we do different modules than everyone else. (Health and disease in populations, molecules genes and diseases, tissues of the body, clinical problem solving and metabolism).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ForestCat
I'm afraid you've already missed the deadline for 2015 entry.

What first year is like will depend entirely on what uni you go to and how they teach. I go to a uni with an integrated course. The first years, on the five year course, are in every morning 9-1. It's a mix of lectures and group work. But from reading on here, we do different modules than everyone else. (Health and disease in populations, molecules genes and diseases, tissues of the body, clinical problem solving and metabolism).

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys are only in 9am-1pm?!
Original post by Angury

The undergrads are. Us grads are generally in some afternoons. Friday is 9-5:30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angury

Varies a lot between school.
For example, my course at UEA seems to be more practical and less sciencey than the other poster's course.
typically my course would have about 5-6 contact hours a day, with wednesday afternoons off.
About 1/3 of my time is spend on placement, which is 9-5 ish.
Reply 5
Original post by stroppyninja
Varies a lot between school.
For example, my course at UEA seems to be more practical and less sciencey than the other poster's course.
typically my course would have about 5-6 contact hours a day, with wednesday afternoons off.
About 1/3 of my time is spend on placement, which is 9-5 ish.

Very different from our (old) course in Cardiff. We were in 9am-5pm every day except for Wednesday, and we had placement one day every two weeks in the first two years. The course has completely changed now though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending