The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheFinalProblem
I'll be staying in Brighthelm :smile:

Ooh lucky you, brighthelm looks quite nice compared to East slope! Really hoping I don't get put there 😭
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by jxdeetyraa
Ooh lucky you, brighthelm looks quite nice compared to East slope! Really hoping I don't get put there 😭

Yeah, I'm really happy as well! But I got my results at the end of June so I was in the first batch of allocations :smile:
From what I've heard a lot of people also get into off-campus Kings Road!
Good luck!
Original post by Commentator
Anyone in Lancaster house? :beard:

I am! :-)
Original post by ChiFlee
Anyone here studying Psychology? Just got in through clearing after missing my UCL offer sigh. Did a tonne of research on the Uni before I accepted the offer though and I must say, happy I'm still going to a top 20 Uni :smile:

I'm doing psychology! :smile:
Original post by jxdeetyraa

Brighthelm is REALLY nice, definitely the popular choice. But tbf, East Slope is SUPER sociable, and right next to all the important parts of campus, whereas Brighthelm is quite far out the way.
Original post by pauly9090
Brighthelm is REALLY nice, definitely the popular choice. But tbf, East Slope is SUPER sociable, and right next to all the important parts of campus, whereas Brighthelm is quite far out the way.

Isn't Brighthelm literally next to Eastslope? Oo
Original post by TheFinalProblem
Isn't Brighthelm literally next to Eastslope? Oo

Yeah it is, but up a hill away from the main buildings of the uni. Both accommodations are pretty huge, but East Slope stretches right alongside all the main study buildings in the body of the uni, Brighthelm is tucked away further up. It's a decent trek to get to most of the flats from the study buildings, but not really that bad compared to Northfield or the top of Park Village.
Hi, Did anyone not manage to get any university managed accomodation?

Thanks
Original post by silverling
I am! :-)

Yay, which room are you in?!
I have been allocated a standard study room in Lewis Court and I'm looking to swap with anyone with an ensuite room on campus.
I know you can join swap list from Sep but I'm keen to get things moving before hand.

Anyone that wants to swap due to cost etc?

Contact me ASAP

Thanks
Hii 😁 I'm from Blackburn, going to be studying Maths at sussex uni this September. A little bit nervous simce i'm going to be so far from home 😫 I've been offered a standard flat at Lewes Court which i'm hoping to swap for an ensuite flat, come Sept😓
Original post by Jayparis1
I have been allocated a standard study room in Lewis Court and I'm looking to swap with anyone with an ensuite room on campus.
I know you can join swap list from Sep but I'm keen to get things moving before hand.

Anyone that wants to swap due to cost etc?

Contact me ASAP

Thanks

Original post by MyraA222
Hii 😁 I'm from Blackburn, going to be studying Maths at sussex uni this September. A little bit nervous simce i'm going to be so far from home 😫 I've been offered a standard flat at Lewes Court which i'm hoping to swap for an ensuite flat, come Sept😓

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1478881685758048/permalink/1484430081869875/

I'm coming from Manchester so we're both from far away, don't worry about being far from home! It'll be fine!! And if you're feeling homesick, come find me for a friendly northern shoulder to cry on! 😘
so how do you make the accomodation payments?
the website sucks and isnt very clear on what you do
You get your ID number and a link to the induction website tomorrow and that's where you get to see your timetable and can pay for accomodation. I thought that was pretty clear...

Hey! I'm also studying Maths, and living in Lewes Court. I did a foundation year in Maths at Sussex last year, and am going into first year in September. I already know a lot about the course, university, and accomodation, so if you have any questions just PM me! :smile:
Original post by EmilyAlice97
I'm coming from Manchester so we're both from far away, don't worry about being far from home! It'll be fine!! And if you're feeling homesick, come find me for a friendly northern shoulder to cry on! 😘

Haha thankyouu! Although i'm kinda hoping I don't cry! XD
Original post by 03hope03
Hey! I'm also studying Maths, and living in Lewes Court. I did a foundation year in Maths at Sussex last year, and am going into first year in September. I already know a lot about the course, university, and accomodation, so if you have any questions just PM me! :smile:

Definately will! Congrats on getting through to your first year :smile: I'm doing a foundation year this Sept aswell :biggrin:
Reply 538
heyy! anybody here joining Msc International Management?
Hey, been given accomodation at lewes court en suite room. Looking to swap for much cheaper on campus rooms.

Message me if you'd like to swap! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest