The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone viewed the chemistry department? I'm interested in applying for chemistry with medicinal chemistry here and missed the open day. Thanks ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 61
Hi,

I'm currently at Leicester university, but think i may have chosen the wrong course :frown:
I am from Brighton (and am missing the lovely city so much!) and am thinking of dropping out and starting International Development?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly received as i am very confused as to what to do at the moment!
Thank you!
Reply 62
Original post by mary1212
Hi,

I'm currently at Leicester university, but think i may have chosen the wrong course :frown:
I am from Brighton (and am missing the lovely city so much!) and am thinking of dropping out and starting International Development?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly received as i am very confused as to what to do at the moment!
Thank you!

What Course are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Londoner :biggrin:
My application was submitted yesterday! Development at Sussex is the dream. If I don't get in I will use my gap year to re apply...

The dedication to Sussex is real..:colondollar:
Reply 64
Original post by emma'h
Londoner :biggrin:
My application was submitted yesterday! Development at Sussex is the dream. If I don't get in I will use my gap year to re apply...

The dedication to Sussex is real..:colondollar:

I'm the same haha, no where else will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicoleyeah
Also - when did you apply and then how long did it take to get an offer? Thanks :smile:

Application was sent on the 7th Nov and I got an offer on the 18th :smile:
Original post by unsaidmemories

Thank you and congrats :smile:
Original post by meghanhope
Kent, applying for English

I received an AAA offer from Sussex today unless I make it my firm, then it drops to ABB, anyone else had a similar offer?

just got the same

Sorry for all the questions but what were your predicted grades? I'm guessing quite high. Just waiting for a response from sussex and feeling nervous so wondering what my chance is with what other people are applying with.
Thanks ;-)
Sorry for all the questions but what were your predicted grades? I'm guessing quite high. Just waiting for a response from sussex and feeling nervous so wondering what my chance is with what other people are applying with.
Thanks ;-)

haha, it's fine :smile: AAB
Applied for Spanish and Italian! Predicted ABB eeeek so nervous!
I'm from Ireland, applied for Psychology with Neuroscience and got an acknowledgement email but nothing else since!
I really liked the campus and Brighton City, plus, it's by the sea! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received 4 offers now just waiting for sussex!!! For psychology. Fingers crossed.
Reply 73
Hiyaaa from Greece! Applying for a BA in English and would like to choose the pathway of either French or Spanish! Good luck to everyone with your applications! :biggrin:
A question for English students: do you know how many modules we can choose from in years 2 and 3? Because on the website it says the core subjects and that we have a range of options but doesn't specify the number of modules we can choose.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hopstano
Same,
From Manchester, applied for Foundation Engineering since I cocked up by AS :3 predicted CCC and so far I've only received an email saying they've received my application... is that the acknowledgement letter?

Fellow mancunian, yesssssss
Reply 75
Are those your predicted grades? I've been offered ABB if I firm which is only one higher so they could offer you on the hope that you firm

I've also been offered ABB if I firm! What is that you really like about the uni for psych? I'm torn between Sussex and Kent because Kent is higher in the league tables for Psychology but apparently Sussex is a better uni overall!!
got two offers today for geography and geography and international development, both AAB
anyone else doing geography?
:-)
Original post by ells1996
I've also been offered ABB if I firm! What is that you really like about the uni for psych? I'm torn between Sussex and Kent because Kent is higher in the league tables for Psychology but apparently Sussex is a better uni overall!!

(Excuse me butting in) how long did it take you to get an offer?
Reply 78
(Excuse me butting in) how long did it take you to get an offer?

I got an email saying they had received my application on the 11th and an offer on the 18th :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by ells1996

Just to reassure you, Sussex is more respected overall
Subject league tables are important but also stupidly inconsistent, Sussex came 13th last year and Kent 21st so take it with a pinch of salt!
What offer have you got from Kent?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending