University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by DanRigg96#
Just to reassure you, Sussex is more respected overall
Subject league tables are important but also stupidly inconsistent, Sussex came 13th last year and Kent 21st so take it with a pinch of salt!
What offer have you got from Kent?

AAB from Kent. Sussex was AAB but ABB if I firm! I really loved Surrey and Kent at the open days but no offer from Surrey so far. I didn't go to an open day at Sussex but I live near Brighton and I love the city! I'm going on an applicant day in January to Sussex and will probably make my decision after that! It would be amazing to be able to put Sussex as my firm if I love the uni as much as I loved Kent because I'd like to stay close to home and it is a really great uni!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 81
Original post by ells1996
AAB from Kent. Sussex was AAB but ABB if I firm! I really loved Surrey and Kent at the open days but no offer from Surrey so far. I didn't go to an open day at Sussex but I live near Brighton and I love the city! I'm going on an applicant day in January to Sussex and will probably make my decision after that! It would be amazing to be able to put Sussex as my firm if I love the uni as much as I loved Kent because I'd like to stay close to home and it is a really great uni!

At least if you decide to go to Kent you can insure Sussex
As someone from near Brighton can you give me some insight into the area and city etc? For example is there any nice places or things to do that doesn't involve the pier or coast
Reply 82
At least if you decide to go to Kent you can insure Sussex
As someone from near Brighton can you give me some insight into the area and city etc? For example is there any nice places or things to do that doesn't involve the pier or coast

If I decide to put Sussex as my insurance the offer is AAB which is the same as Kent which feels a bit risky! I'd hope they'd take me with ABB which is the minimum I think I'll get! Brighton is such a great place there's everything there, amazing nightlife, cinemas, bowling, laser questing, tons of cool vintage shops, huge shopping centre and great bars and restaurants! The whole package I'd say along with the theatre and pavilion!
Reply 83
Could someone please explain to me the difference between electives and pathways?
Alao, is there anyone thinking of studying/already studying a pathway in a foreign language?
:smile:
Original post by georgiaaaa96
Fellow mancunian, yesssssss

You applied?

btw - I got my offer :smile:
Original post by Hopstano
You applied?

btw - I got my offer :smile:

I've paid for UCAS but my tutor is taking the piss with my reference, don't even think she has sent it off yet :mad:
Well done on your offer though! Are you firming Sussex?
Original post by georgiaaaa96
I've paid for UCAS but my tutor is taking the piss with my reference, don't even think she has sent it off yet :mad:
Well done on your offer though! Are you firming Sussex?

Cheers and no I'm firming Manchester if I end up getting an offer and if I don't I'd probably end up going Salford lol. Also about your ucas, it took my tutor a good 2 to 3 weeks after I paid for him to send it off.
(edited 9 years ago)
have you been to visit them? ive got an offer from both but loved Kent when i went there!
Reply 88
Could someone please help me? :smile: I'm a EU student and i'm a little bit confused about the UCAS application. Is it only after i upload my details and personal statement that my referee will be able to submit the academic reference? And how is that happening? After i give their details, do they get an e-mail from UCAS with login details and so can upload the reference?
Reply 89
Original post by anastas
Could someone please help me? :smile: I'm a EU student and i'm a little bit confused about the UCAS application. Is it only after i upload my details and personal statement that my referee will be able to submit the academic reference? And how is that happening? After i give their details, do they get an e-mail from UCAS with login details and so can upload the reference?

A basic answer:
If you're referee is from a school or something similar and you've got their code or put their info in etc:
They can only add the reference if you've completed all of the application and pressed pay and finish
After you do that it will be sent to that centre (school?) And they add the reference and send it off actually to UCAS for you.
I hope that applies to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
A basic answer:
If you're referee is from a school or something similar and you've got their code or put their info in etc:
They can only add the reference if you've completed all of the application and pressed pay and finish
After you do that it will be sent to that centre (school?) And they add the reference and send it off actually to UCAS for you.
I hope that applies to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for your answer. My referee isn't from my school because i'm applying independently.
Isn't pay and send the last step of the application? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by anastas
Thank you very much for your answer. My referee isn't from my school because i'm applying independently.
Isn't pay and send the last step of the application? :smile:

Oh okay, Not sure for you then unfortunately

But for me, as a UK Sixth Form student we had to pay and send and it would be sent 'internally' to our sixth form referees who would then stick the reference on them and send them externally to UCAS

You seem to have got a good answer on your conditional/unconditional thread from someone applying independently, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Oh okay, Not sure for you then unfortunately

But for me, as a UK Sixth Form student we had to pay and send and it would be sent 'internally' to our sixth form referees who would then stick the reference on them and send them externally to UCAS

You seem to have got a good answer on your conditional/unconditional thread from someone applying independently, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah i'm asking as many people as i can to be absolutely sure :smile: Nevertheless thank you very much, all the best!
Original post by anastas
Haha yeah i'm asking as many people as i can to be absolutely sure :smile: Nevertheless thank you very much, all the best!

HEY I'm also a fellow Greek applying to sussex, good luck with your application!
Reply 94
Original post by angelonm
HEY I'm also a fellow Greek applying to sussex, good luck with your application!

Σ'ευχαριστω πολυ!! :biggrin: Good luck to you too! What are you applying for?
Reply 95
Yo mates, im from Greece and im considering applying for the foundation course of sussex. (business management and economics). Any thoughts? Does anyone know whether its hard? For example i've heard that kent's foundation is very hard
Reply 96
Original post by AFASIAS
Yo mates, im from Greece and im considering applying for the foundation course of sussex. (business management and economics). Any thoughts? Does anyone know whether its hard? For example i've heard that kent's foundation is very hard

Hi fellow greek! :smile: I'm sorry, don't know anything about your foundation course, just wanted to say γεια! :biggrin:
How long did it take your guys to get a decision after their acknowledgement email? Got mine acknowledgement email on the 19th of Nov.
Reply 98
Original post by LegendReborn
How long did it take your guys to get a decision after their acknowledgement email? Got mine acknowledgement email on the 19th of Nov.

Got my acknowledgement on 16th October and my offer on 7th November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my acknowledgement on 16th October and my offer on 7th November

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, so about a 3 week wait it seems, so hopefully I'll hear something from them by the end of this week then:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest