The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Applicants 2015

Hi all!
noticed there wasn't a thread for applicants this year so why not be the one to make one 😁

-Where are you from?
-What Course(s) are you applying for?
-Acheived Grades
-Offers when they come in
-Why Sussex??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Newport, South Wales. Further away from Brighton than I first thought... Scary! especially compared to my other options

Physics MSci

As Maths A
A2 Maths A
As Physics B
As History C

Application is only 'acknowledged' at the moment, nervous wreck while I wait 😥

Physics department researches a wide range of things I'm interested in, also uber friendly
Love Love love the area!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 3
Hi there,

I'm from Indonesia, planning to submit my application for MSc in Governance and Corruption at Sussex in January - hopefully. Now im preparing all of the required documents and taking IELTS prep class.

Anyone applying for MSc in Governance and Corruption?
Reply 4
Original post by nectaria
Hi there,

I'm from Indonesia, planning to submit my application for MSc in Governance and Corruption at Sussex in January - hopefully. Now im preparing all of the required documents and taking IELTS prep class.

That's an unusual course, what makes you interested in that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
im from herts, applying for anthropology, abcd at as (don't cry during exams, folks) and predicted a*ab, and ive gotten an email from the admissions tutor to say that i've 100% got an offer they just haven't put in ucas yet due to Implementation Of A New IT System or something. and sussex bc the pastoral team there are rly nice love the town love the campus and the course is p great (its also fairly high in the league tables, they just dropped down about 20 places this year bc of students protesting)
Reply 6
Original post by kokabel
im from herts, applying for anthropology, abcd at as (don't cry during exams, folks) and predicted a*ab, and ive gotten an email from the admissions tutor to say that i've 100% got an offer they just haven't put in ucas yet due to Implementation Of A New IT System or something. and sussex bc the pastoral team there are rly nice love the town love the campus and the course is p great (its also fairly high in the league tables, they just dropped down about 20 places this year bc of students protesting)

Its sad that exams make people go through that much stress 😔
Know what kind of grades you need to get in?
Reply 7
Original post by DanRigg96#
Its sad that exams make people go through that much stress
Know what kind of grades you need to get in?

yeah i had a psych exam where i did a graph slightly wrong on a 3 mark question and bc i didnt have enough space to Fix It i had a complete panic attack and lost about twenty minutes. luv me some exams
and aab-abb which. i should be okay for ?? i can do essays and history/english are my strong points + psychology is almost all essays this year so i should be able to at least get a*ac
what kinda grades are you looking at ??
Reply 8
Original post by kokabel
yeah i had a psych exam where i did a graph slightly wrong on a 3 mark question and bc i didnt have enough space to Fix It i had a complete panic attack and lost about twenty minutes. luv me some exams
and aab-abb which. i should be okay for ?? i can do essays and history/english are my strong points + psychology is almost all essays this year so i should be able to at least get a*ac
what kinda grades are you looking at ??

Sounds like you can do it :P
Officially their requirements are AAA for my course, however, they were in clearing last year with ABB for a long time
Also, I had a chat with the admissions tutor and he said I'd get in with ABB so... 😁😁😁
I've got A in A2 Maths already so I only need B's in Physics and Further Maths really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nectaria
Hi there,

hi nectaria. im gonna to sussex too, but maybe in july 2015. so where are you preparing for your IELTS? in Indonesia? if you are in indonesia, please contact my phone number 087875248057.

and i think corruption and governance in take in october 2015 not in january. correct me if im wrong :wink:
Hi all!
noticed there wasn't a thread for applicants this year so why not be the one to make one ������

-Where are you from?
-Acheived Grades
-Why Sussex??

hi, im ahmad from Indonesia. im gonna take Corruption and Governance, Postgraduate.

maybe i can go to uk in july 2015.

why sussex? i think sussex is a great university. :wink:
-Where are you from? I'm from Sweden!
-What Course(s) are you applying for? I've applied for an English course through my Swedish university and will begin in january 2015.. And I just realised that this thread most likely was for students starting autumn 2015, but yeah. x)
-Acheived Grades Not translatable, but I've almost the highest grade in every subject.
-Offers when they come in - I'm 99% sure I'll come in, since my grades are good enough and because I don't have to write an personal statement (applied through my Swedish uni) that doesn't count in.
-Why Sussex?? Because I really wanted to study English at a university in England and Sussex was the Uni my Swedish uni could offer! Originally I thought about studying fashion history at University of Brighton, but I changed my mind.
Reply 12
Original post by MissRiddle
-Where are you from? I'm from Sweden!
-What Course(s) are you applying for? I've applied for an English course through my Swedish university and will begin in january 2015.. And I just realised that this thread most likely was for students starting autumn 2015, but yeah. x)
-Acheived Grades Not translatable, but I've almost the highest grade in every subject.
-Offers when they come in - I'm 99% sure I'll come in, since my grades are good enough and because I don't have to write an personal statement (applied through my Swedish uni) that doesn't count in.
-Why Sussex?? Because I really wanted to study English at a university in England and Sussex was the Uni my Swedish uni could offer! Originally I thought about studying fashion history at University of Brighton, but I changed my mind.

I love the Swedish people so much haha, Brighton must have good links with the country as there were quite a few Swedes at the open day I went to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all!
noticed there wasn't a thread for applicants this year so why not be the one to make one 😁

-Where are you from?
-Acheived Grades
-Why Sussex??

Hey! I'm from Cambridge applying for Drama XD I'm predicted 3Bs so it might be a stretch to get an interview but I'm hoping I will as I'm working so damn hard! Sussex is just so lovely and the course is perfect for what I want to learn about fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Georgia, from Manchester. I got ABBC at A/S and I'm predicted AAB at A level. Applying for sociology and criminology. Sending my ps off when we go back after half term! Although, I've never been to Sussex, it looks like such a beautiful place i would love to go uni there!
Reply 15
Anyone had a look at accommodation and decided where they'd like to live?
Seems quite expensive 😨

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm applying to do English at Sussex next year. I'm on a gap year now and I've got AAB which is their grade requirement, so I've got a fairly good shot at getting a place. I was so impressed when I went to the open day; Brighton has so much going for it, and Sussex does have a good reputation going for it even if it has dropped down the tables recently due to student protests. I'm just finishing up my personal statement- good luck to everyone applying! :smile:
Reply 17
Hi Dan,

i believe it's a new programme under the Department of Politics. oh well, im interested in their instilled modules. it's exciting and challenging!
Reply 18
Original post by ahmadhidayah
hi nectaria. im gonna to sussex too, but maybe in july 2015. so where are you preparing for your IELTS? in Indonesia? if you are in indonesia, please contact my phone number 087875248057.

and i think corruption and governance in take in october 2015 not in january. correct me if im wrong :wink:

hi ahmad.
the commencement would be around Sep 2015 and the registration is open frm Oct 2014 to Aug 2015. i wasnt talking abt the commencement though. i was saying that im going to submit my application in Jan 2015.

good luck!
I love the Swedish people so much haha, Brighton must have good links with the country as there were quite a few Swedes at the open day I went to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, yes! UK in general is a very popular choice for Swedes, especially London and Brighton.. However, Brighton is the only place where we can study at a university for free. In Sweden, all the unis are free but we have to pay the bloody tuition fee if we apply through UCAS - something we can slip past if we apply through one of the top universities in Sweden (University of Gothenburg) which has a course situated in Brighton; perfect!

But... the course is very popular and the places few, so you need almost perfect grades to be able to go there :frown:

I think Swedes has something for the southern English accent. It's just ohmaahgod! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest