The Student Room Group

It is possible to become genuine friends with my one night stand?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, like me. :tongue: And if that is the case for him, would suggest that he does just want friendship, no?

I think he probably doesn't know what he wants. :dontknow:
Original post by CJKay
I think he probably doesn't know what he wants. :dontknow:

Haha who truly knows what they want? :tongue:
Reply 22
Don't over analyze it to much. It is what it is, enjoy the ride...
Good luck
Reply 23
See what happens. Sounds like there is a chance it might develop in to a relationship...
Possibly not, as you suggested! When it came to making plans I had assumed we would meet for a drink or something mid-week. But he then asked why I couldn't meet Friday? Before saying he couldn't come out during the week because he's busy. I thought this was nuts because we live ten minutes from each other. However, a mutual friend told me that he is working crazy hours to fund his Masters course.

So, anyway I have plans Friday. However, I then invited him along and he immediately responded saying he would come and it sounded great. When I followed up a couple of days ago he ignored me. Nada. Nothing. (despite the fact he is obviously active online).

I feel a little awkward now. When I saw him again I felt a pretty strong magnetic pull towards him - the kind that makes me want to be close to him but also far away from him because it's hard to handle - and I thought becoming friends could help to diffuse this situation. Why did he seem keen then go cold? Who knows. But I am going to be seeing this guy at parties every fortnight at least and am unsure how to proceed or act now.

It's disappointing because other then a female friend, he's probably the person I've probably connected most with since I got here (moved country). But it annoys me that we have these deep, meaningful conversations (I have found myself revealing things I have not revealed to anyone - and I am very doubtful that as a shy man he tends to reveal the things he says to me to many others) and then he becomes distant. It's not something I have energy for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending