The Student Room Group

I've heard you don't have to do Homework in Sixth-Form/College???

Will this change though because of A-Level changes?

Scroll to see replies

We had homework all the time in sixth-form :s
I doubt it will change
You will still get homework

Posted from TSR Mobile
removal of jan exams
Possibly having exams at end of 2 years
Who knows what could come next
Certainly wasn't the case for me, I got homework every week.
Well if your question is do people get homework in A level and the answer is certainly yes you get a lot of homework. If you question is are they removing homework then I don't know but I don' think they would do that no.
I still get homework, but in my sixth form you don't get a detention if you don't do it.

Miss too many homeworks and they will kick you off the course instead.
(edited 9 years ago)
*reads thread title*
*puts down coffee*

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

*breaks down into tears because of all the homework*
Reply 8
Original post by RayApparently
*reads thread title*
*puts down coffee*

HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA!

*breaks down into tears because of all the homework*

I know how you feel, if the OP doesn't get homework, I will cry so hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What the fish...of course you have to do homework!!!
Reply 10
Load of nonsense - homework will dominate your life :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by lucyx
Load of nonsense - homework will dominate your life :frown:

For me I got more homework in College than I did in High School

Posted from TSR Mobile
YOU WILL DROWN IN HOMEWORK ESPECIALLY IF YOU DO ALL ESSAY SUBJECTS SO DON'T DO IT. PLEASE. I BEG YOU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Norin
For me I got more homework in College than I did in High School

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same but I am happy as I only get 4 pieces of homework per week. 5 on unlucky weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elmosandy

Will this change though because of A-Level changes?

I don't know about your local sixth form but at mine we're set at least 2-3 hours a night, and expected to do about 15-20 hours total of independent study every week.

If anything, I get probably triple the amount of homework now than I did at GCSE. A Levels are hard, and you want to do all the work you can during the year to help during the exam period.
Pretty sure that's not true :tongue: If homework has suddenly been banned, please let me know so that I can actually have time to eat or sleep this weekend.
Reply 16
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Same but I am happy as I only get 4 pieces of homework per week. 5 on unlucky weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any homework for me is a pain, I hate when people come up to me in College to copy off my work, they know I'm one of those people who do it, that's the last time, my work is my work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah supposedly the general rule of census is for every hour of in school lessons, it's an extra hour of independent study. Assuming you'll be doing the minimum of fours hours for each subject, you should be doing four hours of extra work at home or in frees if you have them. A-Levels are kinda brutal and no-one really tells you just how hard they are. It's a major step-up from GCSE and even if you don't get set specific homeworks, I suggest you find something productive to do because it'll pay off.
I think the concept of A-Level homework is different from the GCSE kind.

GCSE teacher: "Do this rather pointless sheet by the end of next week, or you'll get detention."

A-Level teacher: "I suggest you do these basic core knowledge sheets for next lesson (two days away), alongside further reading and note compiling, and perhaps an essay too please."

I've always done my homework, and have been more inclined to getting it done ASAP during my A Levels, as you'll fall behind easily and by exam time you won't have a clue what's going on.

So no, you don't have to do your homework, your teacher might be annoyed but they cannot do much since its your choice to be there.
Original post by Norin
Any homework for me is a pain, I hate when people come up to me in College to copy off my work, they know I'm one of those people who do it, that's the last time, my work is my work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well now people are going to steal your work for two years now:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest