The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust Graduate Scheme 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yep I'm the same, I'm not sure its looking very hopeful though :/
Reply 41
I got a call yesterday from a woman wanting to do my interview right then and there but I had no idea I had got one, turns out the email went to my junk folder so make sure you check!

Has anyone else had one? How did you think it went? I was so unprepared..

Tuesday is the last day apparently
Applied for Engagement & Comms here. Had my interview yesterday - Q's were expected with motivation + competency. Word was we would be notified in about a week, and judging by the other posts here looks like it'll be next Tues or Weds!
Reply 43
Yeah the woman told me by the end of the week, if not next. And questions were as expected (STAR method competency questions). Good luck to everyone!
Oh wow so the earliest we can find out is tomorrow? Now I'm gonna be tense again :P
Reply 45
Don't worry too much :smile: It may be because I had mine on the Monday. I probably wont find out till next week. This going to be a long weekend!
Reply 46
I haven't heard back either - also funding and policy
Reply 47
Original post by dkh
I haven't heard back either - also funding and policy

About the telephone interview or results from said interview?

If you haven't had a telephone interview, I would phone up the Wellcome Trust (they put a contact number on the graduate scheme page).

If you haven't heard back AFTER the telephone interview, don't worry neither have I. BUT feel free to contact the person who emailed you about the telephone interview (I think its from gradweb). The consultants are really friendly and might be able to tell you your outcome. (I haven't tried myself as I was told either today or next week so I will wait a bit longer).

My advice to any grad, on any scheme: there is no harm in phoning up and asking :smile:
Reply 48
I've got an official rejection email after online tests. Good luck to everyone else though.
I had my interview today after having it rescheduled cause it went into my junk email. They were so nice about it!! Has anyone heard back yet? Kinda worried as the assessment centre is next week!
Original post by formula1fan
I had my interview today after having it rescheduled cause it went into my junk email. They were so nice about it!! Has anyone heard back yet? Kinda worried as the assessment centre is next week!

Which stream did you apply for?

Haven't heard back yet for E+C - hopefully tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by GoldenRecord
Which stream did you apply for?

Haven't heard back yet for E+C - hopefully tomorrow? :smile:

I applied for funding and policy! I really hope we hear back soon, I didn't think I got past the online tests and then I got a call for a phone interview. My initiation went into my junk so they were super nice and rescheduled!!
Hope we hear today!
Reply 52
I talked to GradWeb today and they said they're still sorting out stuff at the Wellcome Trust aka still deciding. I also sent the Wellcome Trust an email, asking about when we will find out. Hopefully soon!
Reply 53
Yeah I had mine on Monday and it was fine. I turned off my computer as I knew I'd be distracted by it! I've been invited to the assessment day too :smile: (for the 28th of Jan). Hopefully I will see some of you there :smile:
AC on the 28th here as well - hope to meet the two of you Ikidyounot & Cyan004 :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by I-Say-Hello
Got an email about the Assessment Centre, yaaay! :smile:
What about you?

Original post by studentx123
I got the Assessment Centre too! :smile: any ideas on what it might be like?

Hey guys!

I know you were told about your assessment centre for Finance ages ago so I kind of assume you've already been. Do you have any advice for the candidates going to an assessment centre? I know we're doing a completely different stream (Engagement and Comms) but any advice would be great :smile:!

Hope your ACs went well!
Reply 56
Original post by Cyan004
Yeah I had mine on Monday and it was fine. I turned off my computer as I knew I'd be distracted by it! I've been invited to the assessment day too :smile: (for the 28th of Jan). Hopefully I will see some of you there :smile:

Me too! Anyone got any idea how best to prepare? They haven't given much away..
Reply 57
Well I haven't been to an AC yet so I don't really know what to expect! It'll be all new! Only thing I'm nervous about is the data analysis test and presentation! No idea what to expect!
Reply 58
It was very intense but once again that may be because it was my first. It was individual :smile:. Good luck!
Reply 59
Original post by Ikidyounot.
Thanks! How did you find it?

It was definitely interesting and I learnt a lot about my own capabilities under pressure. I was also with a really nice group of people which definitely helped! Still wished I was more on ball for the numeracy and analysis presentation. On reflection, now I've done that I feel ready for anything. How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest