The Student Room Group

2015 Asset Management / Trading Graduate Programs

Hi, since there is no real thread on asset management / trading application, I thought I start one. I hope we can exchange progress.
nothing so far except numerical tests. Has anyone had interviews?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Cleo1
Hi, since there is no real thread on asset management / trading application, I thought I start one. I hope we can exchange progress.

I applied at:

DB, MS, JPMorgan, GS, UBS, HSCBS, Barclays, CS.

I have had one interview with barclays so far, but from the other ones nothing so far except numerical tests. Has anyone had interviews?

Hi :smile: I've also applied for asset management at JP, GS, HSBC, Fidelity, Aberdeen, Schroders, BlackRock, M&G, Baillie Gifford, MAN.

Had tests etc, but a phone interview with HSBC tomorrow :smile: I think its early for asset management, which seems less popular than investment banking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
good to hear, congratulations.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Cleo1
good to hear, congratulations. I have a personal one with DB as well. You think its not a bad sign to not have heard anything? because according to the other threads (on IB) there is already a lot of progress.

Congrats to you too. Not sure. I'd expect the banks not to look for many grads every year for AM, so it'll be competitive.... That's partly why I've applied to asset managers and not just BBs. IB certainly will have a higher application volume though, and I suspect it'll be started sooner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
thanks for your info. have you done internships in the branch?
Reply 5
Original post by Cleo1
thanks for your info. have you done internships in the branch?

Nope, in a bank but back office! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody heard anything from the following AM grad programmes?

JP Morgan, M&G, Fidelity, Schroders or Blackrock?

I completed the video interview for M&G a week or 2 ago but heard nothing from the rest......
Reply 7
Tktk, I did som internships in ib but nothing special
billgross I also applied at jpm and br, haven't heard anything yet.

btw got rejected from 3 credit Suisse grad programs right now
Reply 8
Original post by BillGross
Anybody heard anything from the following AM grad programmes?

JP Morgan, M&G, Fidelity, Schroders or Blackrock?

I completed the video interview for M&G a week or 2 ago but heard nothing from the rest......

Waiting on JP, M&G (after video), Fidelity and Blackrock

Did a video interview for Schroders a few days ago.

Any news Bill?
Original post by TkTk
Waiting on JP, M&G (after video), Fidelity and Blackrock

Did a video interview for Schroders a few days ago.

Any news Bill?

Waiting on the same as you apart from Schroders, I only completed the tests at the weekend.

Congrats on the Schroders interview, how long until you heard back after the tests? And how was the video interview?

I normally am completely fine with the tests but I don't think I done great on the Schroders logical. Only got through 21/24 questions.......how did you think you had done? obviously you did well enough!
Reply 10
Have applied for AM at Blackrock, MS, HSBC, GS and M&G.

Received emails from Blackrock and HSBC yesterday informing me my application was under review.

Nothing from MS or GS.

Completed video interview for M&G a few weeks ago and still yet to hear anything after this.
Reply 11
Waiting on the same as you apart from Schroders, I only completed the tests at the weekend.

Congrats on the Schroders interview, how long until you heard back after the tests? And how was the video interview?

I normally am completely fine with the tests but I don't think I done great on the Schroders logical. Only got through 21/24 questions.......how did you think you had done? obviously you did well enough!

Ah, well it took about 4-5 days after submitting the tests before I received the video invitation! The video interview itself was alright, expect a rounded set of interview questions similar to the spectrum they asked for in the application (so, not simply motivational and nothing that'd completely throw you off).

Hmmm I can't remember exactly. I remember the logical test being quite challenging compared to most, but I felt quite comfortable with most of what I did. I certainly didn't get full marks, and only guessed the final one because of time issues :/

All the best Bill, I'm sure you'll get your video interview shortly man
Reply 12
Original post by Harri17
Have applied for AM at Blackrock, MS, HSBC, GS and M&G.

Received emails from Blackrock and HSBC yesterday informing me my application was under review.

Nothing from MS or GS.

Completed video interview for M&G a few weeks ago and still yet to hear anything after this.

Hi, I've got a digital interview with M&G, how did you find the interview?

Are you able to shed any light on what sort of Qs they ask? Is it competency based or technical?

Good luck
Reply 13
Original post by NPOC
Hi, I've got a digital interview with M&G, how did you find the interview?

Are you able to shed any light on what sort of Qs they ask? Is it competency based or technical?

Good luck

Only Competency questions. Questions depend on which question set you get.
Reply 14
Original post by spoli21
Only Competency questions. Questions depend on which question set you get.

Thanks, it says on my email that I will be doing question set 6. Have you had a digital interview? What question said did you get if so?
Reply 15
Original post by NPOC
Thanks, it says on my email that I will be doing question set 6. Have you had a digital interview? What question said did you get if so?

I did Investments, question set 4. But don't expect a quick reply. I did my digital interview in the first week of September and still haven't heard back.
Reply 16
Ah right, I assume they wait for their applications to close (I think they close on 9th November or something) and then review all of the digital interviews together before replying.
Original post by TkTk
Ah, well it took about 4-5 days after submitting the tests before I received the video invitation! The video interview itself was alright, expect a rounded set of interview questions similar to the spectrum they asked for in the application (so, not simply motivational and nothing that'd completely throw you off).

Hmmm I can't remember exactly. I remember the logical test being quite challenging compared to most, but I felt quite comfortable with most of what I did. I certainly didn't get full marks, and only guessed the final one because of time issues :/

All the best Bill, I'm sure you'll get your video interview shortly man

Cheers for the advice TK!
I just got the invite for Schroders video interview, feeling pretty relieved.

You had any further news on your applications?
Reply 18
Cheers for the advice TK!
I just got the invite for Schroders video interview, feeling pretty relieved.

You had any further news on your applications?

Good luck Bill, tell me his it goes! Unfortunately no news on my end, sad times...

Hoping Fidelity/M&G/Aberdeen get in touch soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TkTk
Good luck Bill, tell me his it goes! Unfortunately no news on my end, sad times...

Hoping Fidelity/M&G/Aberdeen get in touch soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers!

I got an invite today for telephone interview with Fidelity.

You hear anything?

Quick Reply

Latest